UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my duster tends to pull to the left when driving straight ahead. I have had tracking checked and its ok. I have had front wheels put on back and vice versa. The tyres look ok with no sign of wear on the outsides/insides and the brakes have been checked and are ok.

Is this a duster thing !!! or am I just paranoid. S.ugestions please

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
my duster tends to pull to the left when driving straight ahead. I have had tracking checked and its ok. I have had front wheels put on back and vice versa. The tyres look ok with no sign of wear on the outsides/insides and the brakes have been checked and are ok.

Is this a duster thing !!! or am I just paranoid. S.ugestions please
There were a couple of members experiencing similar things about a year to 18 months ago, there's a thread somewhere. Think the cause was put down to axle misalignment at the (Indian) factory, not sure what the outcome was.

Can I ask, is this an Indian built (Phase 1) Duster, or Romanian (Phase 2)?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi, mines India made and doesn't`t pull either way, I can let go of the steering no problem, hope this helps

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mines Indian and when I test drove it (a prereg NOS model) one of the things I looked for was that it tracked true, and it does.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
From what I remember, it was only a few reports - single figures.

The thread is there somewhere, but frankly I haven't the time or patience to go trawling for it.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I find there is a huge difference in handling between the 2WD and the 4WD we have.

Both phase 2, not noticed either pull to one side.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
You sure the road you're on has no camber? most roads angle down towards the edge and that will pull you left. Back when the issue with tracking first appeared I tried to check mine but it's near impossible unless you have the car on rollers.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I did test drive a 2013 Ambiance Duster and on acceleration it pulled heavily like a Torque thing, I wasn`t keen on that but mine doesn`t do it. It was only when flooring it I had to fight with the wheel.

Is this what you mean?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
There were a couple of members experiencing similar things about a year to 18 months ago, there's a thread somewhere. Think the cause was put down to axle misalignment at the (Indian) factory, not sure what the outcome was.

Can I ask, is this an Indian built (Phase 1) Duster, or Romanian (Phase 2)?
yeh this is a phase 1 i,ve got it booked in to dacia garage monday 1st june--- watch this space . thanks for all replies

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
My 4x4 phase 1 also did the same, however the 4x4 can be corrected with proper four wheel alignment, which I did with mine. It was sooooo far out it was a joke. Got it all pulled back in and it was fine after. The phase 2 that replaced it was seemingly perfect from the factory though - great to drive

1 - 13 of 13 Posts