UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Duster Ambiance with silver metalic finish for 3/4 of a year now .I learnt very fast to completely waxol the whole underside after checking with the warranty people .I am glad I did do this ,as the weather over last winter was as we know very wet.Recently I began to notice my rear tail gate was collecting water where the number plate light system is.The mock chrome rear assembly with the words duster on it .so as I have a good friend from the motor trade with me ,we sumed the situ up and decided not to contact the dealer check it out on warranty, as I need my car and as we knew what we were doing.so after removing the plastic cover on the inside of the rear boot door and removing the 2 screws to remove the plastic unit gentle, as there about 9 plastic studs we then had to remove 4 nuts 10mm and then gentle prise off the plastic chrome finish from the out side and then remove the lamp assembly after we got rid of the water ..On viewing the area we noted several small rust spots appearing ,there was no rubber seal around the plastic hence it let water in .So what we did was completly cleaned the area dry ,and used a good polish and wax to protect the paint work ,then used waxol in the area and then a thick grease around the rim .We then re-fitted the unit back on with care and tested the lights all ok and all nuts greased .I guess the moral of this all Duster owners should have the tailgate assembly checked ,because I bet you are carrying water in the tailgate area .The test is take it through a car wash then park up lift the rear door up and watch for water pouring out of the area and yes it will affect all Duster owners and yes it is warranty ,but I bet they will not do as good job as us pair did to recover the situation..So the Duster QA team better start to consider a recall .because within two years rust will attack this area and will damage the number plate lighting and paint work and it will cost.So folks do the test .The QA folks in India have a lot to learn about the finish of vehicles for retail ,yes the car is robust ,but if they paid attention to the final finish in the factory ,us folk out here would not be knocking on there doors so much.Its a good car or 4x4 depending on your version ,but the QA side of things need a kick up the proverbile.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I had noticed the chrome on the underside of the DUSTER nameplate, where the number plate bulb is housed, was beginning to discolor. Its turning a milky white colour in places. As I'm currently in the process of rejecting the car, I just thought oh dear!

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have had my Duster Ambiance with silver metalic finish for 3/4 of a year now .I learnt very fast to completely waxol the whole underside after checking with the warranty people .I am glad I did do this ,as the weather over last winter was as we know very wet.Recently I began to notice my rear tail gate was collecting water where the number plate light system is.The mock chrome rear assembly with the words duster on it .so as I have a good friend from the motor trade with me ,we sumed the situ up and decided not to contact the dealer check it out on warranty, as I need my car and as we knew what we were doing.so after removing the plastic cover on the inside of the rear boot door and removing the 2 screws to remove the plastic unit gentle, as there about 9 plastic studs we then had to remove 4 nuts 10mm and then gentle prise off the plastic chrome finish from the out side and then remove the lamp assembly after we got rid of the water ..On viewing the area we noted several small rust spots appearing ,there was no rubber seal around the plastic hence it let water in .So what we did was completly cleaned the area dry ,and used a good polish and wax to protect the paint work ,then used waxol in the area and then a thick grease around the rim .We then re-fitted the unit back on with care and tested the lights all ok and all nuts greased .I guess the moral of this all Duster owners should have the tailgate assembly checked ,because I bet you are carrying water in the tailgate area .The test is take it through a car wash then park up lift the rear door up and watch for water pouring out of the area and yes it will affect all Duster owners and yes it is warranty ,but I bet they will not do as good job as us pair did to recover the situation..So the Duster QA team better start to consider a recall .because within two years rust will attack this area and will damage the number plate lighting and paint work and it will cost.So folks do the test .The QA folks in India have a lot to learn about the finish of vehicles for retail ,yes the car is robust ,but if they paid attention to the final finish in the factory ,us folk out here would not be knocking on there doors so much.Its a good car or 4x4 depending on your version ,but the QA side of things need a kick up the proverbile.
Many thanks for letting us know , yet another area to check . I also waxolyed everything and in the process of removing it . I have come to the the conclusion that nothing is going to stop this stuff and when i eventually let Dacia repair the car it will be clean of waxoly .

Yesterday i took the waxoly off the chassis number on the front suspension leg in the engine bay , yes , rust had had started to come through under the waxoly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Thanks for that I now know why I've had drips of water appearing after opening and closing tailgate.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts