UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While waiting on my Duster delivery I am trying to decide if I want the tinted windows or not. Renault here only offers the 35% tint as a dealer option which to me looks really dark. It is supposed to be the legal limit meaning if you want darker you have to get a permit from the constabulary. I think aesthetically the car looks better with that tint and looking around a local shopping center parking lot it looks like nearly all the upscale SUV buyers have opted for that tint. Here in Colombia the advantage is supposed to be that the bad guys can't see you well when they go to rob you while you're stopped at a traffic light in a bad (or even medium) part of town. That's all well and good but I've had barrio types tell me well those windows could make them (bad guys) think you've got something to hide and draw them to your vehicle. The other thing although I think it's changing is the "stigma" associated with tinted window. The general populace thinks that people in cars with dark windows are narcos and the police think the same. They almost always pull over dark windowed cars at the frequent police checkpoints here to check your papers. One more concern, and a big one for me is reduced vision in night driving. I am an old guy and if there are any other old guys on the forum they will know that old eyes need more light to see well. Locals I've asked here say oh no there is no effect at all on night vision from the darkened glass but I've read in many internet posts that there is in indeed a significant reduction in night vision caused by that "glass". That is certainly something I don't want. Any opinions?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Front doors and screen may only have a slight tint, rear can be darker, i have mine dark so equipment can not be seen with a black 'throw' over the top of the kit

·
Registered
217 Posts
Mine are 20% tint (uk measurement ) and are nice and dark..... I did have 5% tint (limo style) done at first but they were way to dark.....also changed all interior bulbs to compensate for low light in the car.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'm about to fit a 20% tint myself to the rear in the next couple of weeks and will let you know how it goes. I have done it before as well as loads on Vinyl Graphics for other people and quite like doing windows. Could become a new paid hobby :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm about to fit a 20% tint myself to the rear in the next couple of weeks and will let you know how it goes. I have done it before as well as loads on Vinyl Graphics for other people and quite like doing windows. Could become a new paid hobby :)
Looking forward to seeing some pics when you're done. Its something I want to do with the General, but someone else will be doing the job (if you know what I mean).

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have set aside a day on the 25th so will and will do some pics when finished. Need a new heat gun so will get one ordered this week. Make life a bit easier with any creases etc...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
577 Posts
My lauriete has tinted glass as standard but im putting privacy 20 percent tints in the back. Keeps the car cooler in the summer and better for my kids.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Quackers has a tint??????

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
I think I'll get over to eBay and spend £27 to give Quackers a good seeing to!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts