UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heh UK high-milers and Euro friends who've had one for a bit longer, how are your tyres doing?

Are they wearing evenly; have you needed/bothered to swap front/back; have you worn them out yet (at how many miles).

Ta (Might be useful if you could indicate whether you've been track-racing :lol: or whether you've been tearing mountains up.)

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
at my first service.....12,000 miles....the tyre tread had reduced by only 1mm all round

according to my calculations I should get about 75,000 miles out of them before i need to change them....

that'll do me....!!!!

but i'm not a "screech wheeelie" type driver.....much more pootly and sedate !

LOL !!!

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
My 4x4 petrol-engined Duster does mainly motorway miles at 65mph.

Tyre wear across the treads is very even. Front tyres wear slightly more than rears so I swapped front to rear at 12,000 miles.

The car has now clocked up over 17,000 miles. based on tread wear up to now, I estimate that the tyres will not need replacing until they have covered 40-50,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
at my first service.....12,000 miles....the tyre tread had reduced by only 1mm all round
My 4x4 petrol-engined Duster does mainly motorway miles at 65mph.

Tyre wear across the treads is very even. Front tyres wear slightly more than rears so I swapped front to rear at 12,000 miles.

The car has now clocked up over 17,000 miles. based on tread wear up to now, I estimate that the tyres will not need replacing until they have covered 40-50,000 miles.
Sounding good already! :)

(I'd be lucky to get much more than 20k on my old Punto fronts - I never swapped front/rear)

Hopefully there will be other member reports, but, in the meantime:

2dusters' - what drive mode do you normally run in - 2WD or 4wd Auto?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Only thing I would say about this is that tyres usually tend to wear slowly then they go all of a sudden.(sorry to be a miserable git)

My experience in the past has been nearly 50,000 for a Renault Clio and 30,000 for Honda CRV. Every other car Ive had comes somewhere in between.

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
Only thing I would say about this is that tyres usually tend to wear slowly then they go all of a sudden.(sorry to be a miserable git)

My experience in the past has been nearly 50,000 for a Renault Clio and 30,000 for Honda CRV. Every other car Ive had comes somewhere in between.
Yes, it's like how toilet rolls seem to be used up slowly at first then suddenly disappear rapidly. The diameter of the tyre decreases as it wears so the tyre performs more rotations for a given distance.

I have crudely factored this into my calculation and it's the reason my estimate has a range of 10,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Only thing I would say about this is that tyres usually tend to wear slowly then they go all of a sudden.
I read once about softer compounds being applied for lower tread levels to retain grip as the tyre wears down towards minimum ?! I haven't a clue, though, whether that is actually what tyre maunfacturers do.

·
Registered
140 Posts

I'm at just over 10k miles and tyre wear seems even. Would be very happy with somewhere between 30-50k miles before a change is needed, especially as my previous car ( Audi Allroad) used to eat a set of front tyres in 10k miles and rears in about 15k miles.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
42 Posts
My Duster Access 4x2 has covered 9800 miles of mainly City driving and they have worn 1mm. Fronts should wear less on the petrol engine as it is lighter than that big old diesel lump.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
50 Posts
16000 on my duster and 85% left on rear tyres and 70% on front. Easy get to about 40000 which is good enough. If you are getting it serviced at a dealer they will rotate at service as in schedule. They did mine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
14k miles and still the tyres look fresh. Run the Duster usually in 2wd mode keeping the 4wd for appropriate conditions.

My previous X-trail gave me around 30k for the initial front set and 50k for the rear (never rotated) so an average 40k would again do nicely!!

Also, now averaging over 50mpg thanks to living life away from stop start motoring in the Western Isles. Still short of the official figures but no complaints.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
we've done 20,000 miles in 18 months....have to be honest....they look as new-ish as George :wub: is new-ish !

at the first service they still had 7mm of thread left on all 4 tyres.....compared to 8mm on the spare..

like you most of the time in 2wd.....but the wear looks as even as an even thing :)

DM x

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
done 25500 tyres still good
Snap! ;) Same mileage on my 2wd Ambiance and the tyres are still looking good and wearing evenly :)

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
16000 on my duster and 85% left on rear tyres and 70% on front. Easy get to about 40000 which is good enough. If you are getting it serviced at a dealer they will rotate at service as in schedule. They did mine.
They 'forgot' to rotate mine, but I noticed afterwards and they've done it for me now!

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
14k miles and still the tyres look fresh. Run the Duster usually in 2wd mode keeping the 4wd for appropriate conditions.

My previous X-trail gave me around 30k for the initial front set and 50k for the rear (never rotated) so an average 40k would again do nicely!!

Also, now averaging over 50mpg thanks to living life away from stop start motoring in the Western Isles. Still short of the official figures but no complaints.
Re X-trail: did the electronics ever complain, while in 4WD mode, that your front and rear tyres had very different circumferences?

50 mpg! Lucky you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re X-trail: did the electronics ever complain, while in 4WD mode, that your front and rear tyres had very different circumferences?
Now you mention it, I recall the dealer asked me to wait for about 30 mins on calling to collect my car as they kept getting a warning about that very issue. 10 minutes after leaving the garage the warning came on and I promptly returned to the dealer and enjoyed a cuppa whilst they looked at it again.

30 minutes later I was back on the road and never troubled with a recurrance - I had completely forgotten about this until now.

My only real grumble with the car was annoyingly a need for several DPF service re-generations which was eventually resolved with an re-program of the management system.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts