UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this sounds odd considering the Duster is just about to be released to the uk market, but have Dacia/Renault mentioned at any point of a newer version?

i only ask as i've read about the Duster in europe, russia, etc for a few years now, and this along with missing features that are being issued as standard equipment on the Logan, Sandero and the Stepway, like stability control, daylight running lights (I realise thats newish legislation), cruise control (on the laureate sandero anyway) and additional wind seals along the door. With these features missing as standard on the Duster I'd assume they have an updated version in the pipeline.

My wife now has a fancy for the Stepway and the more i look into that model it is obvious that it is a newer design. Basically i'd hate it if i commited to buy a Duster (and that is becoming more and more likely) then it is replaced by a newer version (with more colour choices) within a relativly short time frame.......... is this just perfectly normal paranoia when buying a new car?

Also I wonder with the new UK spec dash you can have the media nav as an option? £250 on the sandero for a touchscreen unit with bluetooth handsfree, in my opinion, that is well worth it.

I apologise if i'm gibbering but i've not been this keen on a car brand for a while.

Tony

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Makes perfect sense though. The Duster has been out in Europe for over two years now I think hasn't it? I've seen snippets and concepts of the Duster's replacement, but in all honesty, I'd be surprised if that happens within the next two years. What I'd think more likely (as what happens with other manufacturers) is that the car is improved as the model cycle goes through it's life. I'm looking forward to reading all the magazine reviews to see what issues they pick up with proper RHD vehicle. Maybe, just maybe, Renault will improve on those shortcomings.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure what to expect when the rhd ones appear. For example I was speaking to the salesman about the new dash and window switch position,
Still on the dash, says he,
Then he invites me to look at the display pictures in the dacia corner of the showroom and i pointed out the switchgear was on the door handles. I'm expecting lots, hopefully, of little changes, but unless you have watched as many you tube clips, and googled as much as folk here then Average Joe might not notice.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
I think it might have been "tonythehat" on here, he was actually telling the salesman the features of the model as the salesman didn't have a clue!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi all.

Yeah, was me. The salesman told some otehr potential customers that I knew more about the Duster than he did!!

To be totally honest, I was a little gobsmacked by that as I have had experiences with salemen before to whom BS is standard language.

And to be totally fair, he did know quite a lot about the car. He has driven one off road when being trained on it, and as a consequence, ordered himself one.

I get a sneaking feling that Dacia are being a little slow in releasing dates about delivery and simple things like the cost of a service. I mean how hard can it be.

If I'm honest, I think I fell on my feet with my salesman. The kind of bloke who I could have a bevvy with, and if that's his pitch, well ull marks, LOL

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
He has driven one off road when being trained on it, and as a consequence, ordered himself one.
Blimey, that doesn't happen often!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts