UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call me unobservant but, i have only really just taken notice of how much exposed metal there is in the wheel arches. Especialy in the rear arches, there is hardly any plastic liner at all.

Is it possible to get liners fitted.?

Cheers Matt

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Call me unobservant but, i have only really just taken notice of how much exposed metal there is in the wheel arches. Especialy in the rear arches, there is hardly any plastic liner at all.

Is it possible to get liners fitted.?

Cheers Matt
It should have that bubbly lumpy paint in there with a coat of normal paint on top, the bubbly paint repels like rubber.
This is becoming the norm now, the new Yaris Is one of the more recent cars I've seen, my last car was the same too.
you wouldn't want all that mud and salt to build up behind the liner where you can't get at it, think it's that way so you can rinse it out, I clean the ones on my logan every time it's washed, and weeky in winter, same as my last car.
The VW up trio, Citroens c1 trio, alto, pixo etc are also like this.
It's the noise that bothers me, stones banging around in there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, that pretty much describes it, because mine is only 3 weeks old is still has a coat of (what looks like) Waxoyl. Just does not look right.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
I saw inner wheel arch protectors (lika an ABS plastic inner skin) advertised for around £50 a corner - thought it was ebay, but I can't find the listing now.

Just searched again - DaciaMG have them for 2 & 4WD, but I only see rear ones listed: http://www.daciamag.com/rear-wheelhouse-splash-shield-left.html

Joe

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm, i think i might ask at the dealer to see if they will fit to existing mountings or require drilling etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts