UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the darker (and wetter!) nights are here I have to say that the wipers on my Duster are rubbish! Has anyone noticed the same?

Graham

·
Registered
309 Posts
No problems so far with mine. Clean sweeps, no smears.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
The wipers on the stepway are not much to write home about either. I had to clean the screen, I used the combination rain x and cleaner spray, and then I coated it with turtle wax clear vue (same as Rain X but a bit cheaper). I took the blades off and washed them in hot water with a little hand soap (not car shampoo as most of them contain wax). I like the rain repellant, I've used in on all my cars, but at least now the wipers do work a lot better. I think I'll swap to flat blades when I deem then knackered.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Really good value. Post how well they perform please. At that price I'll look for stepway lengths and just buy them. Good find.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Wish there was an intermittent wipe on the rear wiper though.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
I've ordered these from eBay: 20" + 20" Clearance Aero Front Wiper Blades Genuine Flat Upgrade Window V13

£5.40 incl postage for a pair.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330918021607
Arrived today, in 2 days from order.

Took 2 minutes to fit, in the rain, pictorial instructions on the box.

I think they look good and seem to give a smear free wipe.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Now that the darker (and wetter!) nights are here I have to say that the wipers on my Duster are rubbish! Has anyone noticed the same?

Graham
Mine have always left lines of water across screen from new - wil be replacing them for winter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Replaced mine as they were also c**p.

The originals were 20" but I went for a set of Bosch 21" based on comments on here. Result is much, much better!

For info renault hook type bosch part ref 21s/21

·
Registered
5,411 Posts

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Go for a 22" for the driver and 20" for the pax ....... an extra, extra inch puts a bigger smile on the drivers chops :rolleyes:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Fitted 21" blades on mine but now realise that a 22" will fit OK on drivers side so maybe later on.

Reactions: R-head

·
Registered
309 Posts
Fitted both driver & pax side with 22" flat blades from Aldi with no problems. Bigger viewing area much appreciated.

Reactions: R-head
1 - 20 of 38 Posts