UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying a Duster Laureate 4x4 and am worried about the rust issues. Is new model ok ?. I will be buying it in August 2015.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I am thinking of buying a Duster Laureate 4x4 and am worried about the rust issues. Is new model ok ?. I will be buying it in August 2015.
Hi and welcome.

You're in pretty much the same boat as me; the rust issues put me off and I'm monitoring the situation with the Romanian car as more of them appear. I'm pleased to say that there seem to be plenty of satisfied Phase 2 owners so far, and no doubt they'll be along to share their experience shortly.

Crucially, no reports of Phase 2 rust thus far.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Not so much a rusty duster issue now, but what if there could be another issue with any of the phase two's you would still have to deal with Dacia cs. Thats the problem.!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Not so much a rusty duster issue now, but what if there could be another issue with any of the phase two's you would still have to deal with Dacia cs. Thats the problem.!!!!!!!!!
That is indeed a concern. There's no doubt the backup is patchy - some folk have had great experience, while others can't get them to commit to anything.

It's been said before that the independent dealers are likely to be more helpful than the big chains. Obviously individual experiences may skew that...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a 15 plate Laureate 4X4 and i am very pleased with it and would certainly buy another one.

It is a very capable motor and a world apart from the phase one which were made in India.

You will not regret your purchase.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Another issue to consider is the fully face lifted Duster with new engines etc is due to arrive early next year.so might be worth hanging on for a few months.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi,

We recently bought a 2013, '63' plate Duster Laureate 4x2 and I have been fitting some extra sound deadening under the bonnet today.

The only rust I could find is on the four bolts that secure the bonnet to the hinges.

It would appear that the bonnet had been adjusted after having been painted and the spanner used had burred the paint on the bolts.

I just applied some rust killer to the bolt heads and will paint them with some touch up paint.

Other than that I haven't found any other corrosion on our 'Indian' built car as yet!...Touch wood!

As the car has had a previous owner for 18 months it may have had remedial work that I'm not aware of,

although there's nothing to suggest that in the service history.

Cheers,

Jez.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My 63 plate Indian built was recalled and thoroughly treated. I now have 23,000 miles under her and still love it. No regrets at all. Was worried the plastic door handles wouldn't hold up or the seat fabric may wear / tear but all good. Had some great off road adventures and have really put it through it's paces and nothing has fallen off. You can't beat the value.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Has anyone got experience of the Duster Laureate Prime ?. I picked up a new version of the brochure and saw it there - the blue one ?.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I work on dusters day in day out rectifying the rust issues. I can confirm that it is classed as a warranty issue and not repair. lack off paint is the main problem.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
I'm getting the new style 4x4 laureate one this Friday. I'm trading in my phase one (34000moles) I'll let you know if I encounter any problems with it ????????

1 - 20 of 29 Posts