UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
All of which doesn't explain why we start in early October :huh: Soon be christmas!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Managed to get my enamel dated poppies at the start of the week and I would get one for bettie but none of the supermarkets have got them in yet so will have to pop down to the legion when I get a chance

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Managed to get my enamel dated poppies at the start of the week and I would get one for bettie but none of the supermarkets have got them in yet so will have to pop down to the legion when I get a chance
can you post more information on these please Furby....think I want to get one too

thanks DM x

·
Registered
577 Posts
The Royal British Legion do a small enamel poppy badge with the year on it. I like them as the paper never stay on properly and as it has the year on it people cant wear the same one again and again and again (believe it or not people do that) and are £2 from official poppy stands or direct from the legion. You can also get them on ebay etc.... but being sceptical I like to make sure the money gets to who it is supposed to. ;)

Attachments

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's likely not available in Scotland, it's the English version of the poppy ( the Scots version doesn't have the leaf)

·
Registered
577 Posts
You can get them online troute from loads of places and look quite smart :)

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers guys, lots of choice there :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
At this time of year please don't forget the other forces charities as well like the Army Benevolent fund that are instrumental in supporting families who have lost a loved ones in service, Help for Heroes who's work is essential for rehabilitation & support and SSAFA who provide voluntary counselling and support for Servicemen and women and veterans. There are many others too including the individual regimental charities and associations

Please don't walk by a collection pot as they do what they do for us and in our name. Im sure you all will :) even if its just a bit of small change it all helps

·
Registered
309 Posts
As an ex serviceman I will always support the Royal British Legion & others.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts