UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been looking for a few bits and pieces on eBay and thought I'd do a search for dacia dusters.

So the search throws up 15 dusters available in various colours and specs, all diesel versions and spread up and down the country , some with a few miles on them others with 500 or so.

Guess if I was waiting for one , I'd be in touch with them.

Reactions: Juju Beanz

·
Registered
77 Posts
Husband & I considering either a 4x4 Duster or a 4x4 Skoda Yeti, but undecided as yet...... :huh:.... waiting for peoples reports on the Duster, & have yet to see 1 in the flesh on the road (saw 1 at local dealers -demo) Agree a lot available countrywide which suprised me !!!! Now perhaps a choice between the 2 as he at present prefers the Yeti though its boot space far less :wub: !!. Good luck to those new Duster owners keep us updated !

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Husband & I considering either a 4x4 Duster or a 4x4 Skoda Yeti, but undecided as yet...... :huh:.... waiting for peoples reports on the Duster, & have yet to see 1 in the flesh on the road (saw 1 at local dealers -demo) Agree a lot available countrywide which suprised me !!!! Now perhaps a choice between the 2 as he at present prefers the Yeti though its boot space far less :wub: !!. Good luck to those new Duster owners keep us updated !
I think if you compare the duster to yeti, the yeti comes out on top for everything apart from price, but price isn't everything !

·
Registered
53 Posts
yeti's seem really great cars but I think you need to be 50+ to own one. I was considering one before the duster came about because I really wanted a SUV and that seemed the most reliable and best value for the money. But when I showed the wife one she was like no way am I driving one of them (she's 28 and I'm 30) I new she was right I could see my grandad driving one but not me.

we have had our duster for a week now and we do really like it. I saw a nice BMW X3 13 plate on the road to day a I thought to myself would I swap my duster for that. I was thinking ye I would just to sell it and buy another duster and keep the change. But then I thought if money didn't come into it then would I. And to be honest I'm so happy with my duster so far I don't think I would want to change it for anything.

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Give me the bmw any day !

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think he might be weakening ! :) Parked next to Yeti yesterday ,and indeed boot is tiny in comparison to Duster & also we have a large dog !! Will wait & see ....

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think he might be weakening ! :) Parked next to Yeti yesterday ,and indeed boot is tiny in comparison to Duster & also we have a large dog !! Will wait & see ....
And no offence meant but I think the Yeti is a bit boxy ... Where as the Duster for me has nicer more rugged looks. But it is all subjective to ones own taste.

Think it was the Dudley Moore film, Arthur, that the Volvo quote came from which would be appropriate here ...

Boxy but reliable .... But the Duster is reliable too and soooo much cheaper :D

Tell your hubby to get on here and we'll try and convince him.

I originally was very dubious and even now would not buy a new Renault but the between the older bullet proof Renault parts and the Renault/Nissan partnership on the the well test DCi diesel engine I realized that I am on a winner (touch wood).

·
Registered
836 Posts
Every body has a different reasons for buying a car . We looked at a Yeti ( we have bought Skoda before ) but the wife was looking for a boot large enough to put her Jams and Chutneys into and the Yeti had a large lip to the boot which meant lifting them out was a problem for her . Besides the Skoda Sales men was more interested in looking at Autotrader than trying to sell us a car , not like Skoda use to be . To us , it is function more than form which is important , but the Duster does look good .

As a foot note , we were in Boulogne the other day and the Supermarket car park had more than 10 Dusters in it !!!!!! .

·
Registered
77 Posts
He has agreed to test drive both Yeti & Duster when the time comes to change (hopefully not to long !) Only bugbear for him still are the looks ,but we are agreed about the boot space & he was impressed with the Duster arn / legroom as 6 ft. !! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts