UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
So.... Just because I dont like to complicate things..... lol....... I thought I would pose this teaser for ya`ll .......

Best way to achieve this...........

As of now,,,, I have ordered a stepway for sept 1st ( although due to euro 6 delays,,, more likely to be October. )

anyway,,, stepway on order.

One of my present cars is a Hyundai Sonata,,,,which,,,, has a personalised plate.

Instead of Part X ing my sonata for the stepway,,, My brother is now going to have the Sonata,,,, sometime during august.

Brothers present car is a suzuki Jimney thing,,,,,, which ALSO has a private plate.

plan is to sell bro`s car privately,,,before sept.... but...

If brother hasnt sold his Jimney by September,,,,,, I will part X HIS jimney for stepway,,,( safety net ) .... instead of my sonata.

( already checked with dealer if this is ok,,, coz obviously the jimneys not my car ,,, dealer says yes.).

with me so far ??? lol....

anyway..... the task is......... I want to keep my plate thats on the sonata now,,,, and have that plate on new stepway.

in addition,,,, Brother wants to keep HIS private plate ( thats now on jimnney) and put that onto the sonata when he buys it in august.

so,,,, I end up with stepway with the plate thats now on the sonata.... Bro ends up with sonata but with the plate thats now on the Jimney.,,,,,,, dealer ends up barring me from dealership,,,,and he ends up with Bros jimney ,,,I assume with the Jimneys ORIGINAL number on it.

Question is.... er... er.. I forgot the question now,,,,,heheheheheh

question is,,,,,, Best way to do it,,,, ??????

bearing in mind Bro will get my sonata in august,,,,, but i wont get stepway until sept/oct/ ,maybe nov the way things are going.

any suggestions appreciated,,,,,,,lol

Cheers J

·
Registered
61 Posts
But both reg numbers on retention. It can stay there for 1 year. I did that with my private plate. It took about 2 weeks for the paper to come through to put original plates back on car. Then only took that same to put retained reg number in new car. Hope that helps!

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh,,,,so simple,,,,,,,,,,,, thats not fair,,,,,,heheheheh I expected far more complicated answer,,,,,,,lol.

thx skyblue

·
Registered
61 Posts
No problem. You just have to fill in a few forms. I called the DVLA directly and the nice man on the end of the phone talked me through it! Hope that you get it sorted.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem. You just have to fill in a few forms. I called the DVLA directly and the nice man on the end of the phone talked me through it! Hope that you get it sorted.
heheheh thx,,,,, I never get nice men on the phone,,,,,,,hehehe well,,,they always start off nice,,,,,,,,,but,,,after 5 mins talking to me,,,,, , hehehe well,,,

I`ll do that sky,,,,,thx.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts