UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm going over old ground a little in terms of what fuel works best, but there's such a difference between E5 and E10 in the new Jogger engine, I thought it worth noting.

Having had the car a little longer, I was worried about hesitation and rough idling seeming to becoming an issue. I'd seen that the MPG rose by c.4mpg when I used Texaco over Esso E10 unleaded, but there's been a couple of times when accelerating that the car has stumbled getting up to speed, and has sounded rough.

When I first bought the car, it ran on E5 from a small independent who still stocked it, but now they have switched to E10 too.

For the last two fill-ups, I've paid a little more (6p/litre) to use E5 Super Unleaded (first Sainsbury's, now Tesco) and the difference is incredible.

Dare I say, more than it should be?

It's like a different engine. No rough idle, smoother acceleration, no hesitation whatsoever and MPG is up in the high 40s/low 50s.

I know all modern cars are designed to run on E10 and run as lean as possible, but the Jogger really is a different animal on E5.

Certainly, unless I have no choice, it will be run on E5 now permanently - it's well worth the extra cost in this car.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's got to like I said the engine being able to make use of the higher octain and advancing the ignition timing as far forward as it can, even though it's not a high performance engine it can make the most of a better quality fuel, I find you can drive slightly differently as it allows you to use less throttle and change up slightly earlier
Exactly this. Not driving faster, but more relaxed and refined.

·
Registered
2022 Jogger comfort 110 tce
30 Posts
Just came back from visiting my partner's parent's and whill talking with her dad the discussion came up about petrol, her dad asked me if I'd used the super over the standard petrol as he was getting much better MPG and the car felt better on it, his car has the Peugeot 1.2 pure tech engine so not a million miles different from our tce engines. I was explaining the difference between E10 and E5

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm surprised the difference between E5 and E10 is so marked as the ECU should adjust for E10 and all that should happen is that you burn a little more of it.

·
Registered
2022 Jogger comfort 110 tce
30 Posts
Small turbo engines seem to have a significant benefit from e5...
I think it's a combination of the E5 and higher octain of the super unleded that allows the cars to preform better, allowing it to advance the ignition as far as it can to achieve a better burn of the fuel making better fuel economy and not necessarily more powerful but being able to run at full potential

1 - 9 of 9 Posts