UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just read the excellent post from Unicoder where he posted up the manual for the Duster . I have posted a couple of times about E85 fuel but there was a gem in the manual where it states ;
Petrol version
It is essential to use unleaded petrol.The octane rating (RON) must conform to the specifications given on the label inside fuel filler flap C.
Vehicles running on ethanol-based fuel .
Always use unleaded petrol or fuel containing a maximum of 85 percent ethanol (E85).

If I ask very nicely ;) , can I ask one of the lucky people who have an Access 4 x 2 Petrol what the label says on the inside the petrol filler flap as I am still waiting Dacia to get back to my garage with the answer .

Many thanks
dough

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
E85 , runs like a dream .

Touring Europe at the moment , came down fully loaded , that is full rear with seats down and a 550 lts roof box . Tried E85 for the first time and it is wonderful stuff filled up at 0.799 euro cents a litre or 70p per litre . The engine improvement was instant , engine became very smooth and seemed to have a lot more power . Draw back is the reduced miles per gallon , running at 30 miles per gallon , but with what i was carrying i was more than happy with that .

If you are abroad and running a petrol version well worth trying especally at that price.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Cool, very jealous of the fuel price. Are you saying you couldn't find an equivalent fuel in the UK though?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, very jealous of the fuel price. Are you saying you couldn't find an equivalent fuel in the UK though?
the research i have done , is after the the tax incentive was withdrawn , Morrisons stop selling it and that was the only major seller . You will have to cross the channel to get it . The difference in the engine is amazing .

Here for 85 days so by fuel bill is going to be very low . If it was not for the white paint issue , this car would be magic . 440 miles with out any issues , 150 miles in 5th gear with out stopping , did not need to change down once with E85 .

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just done a fuel check with E85 . From Full to Full after almost exactly 200 miles .

Put in 29 litres for 23 euro 49 cents, works out to be 6.89 to the litre or 31.37 miles per gallon . At todays exchange rate , 67p per litre . Very close to half the unleaded cost in the UK .

So effectively it is an equivalent of approx 60 miles per gallon on cost compared to unleaded . Now thats what i call a saving and the engine runs better as well . Glad I went for the petrol version .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts