UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those mebers who use Ebay should take note of the following and change their passwrds as soon as possible.

gc_new_email_logo_2.jpeg

Firstly, it's essential to change your eBay password. Even though eBay says that it was stored in an encrypted form, we have seen time and time again hackers crack encrypted passwords. Once they have your password they could explore whether you have used the same password anywhere else on the net - your webmail account, for instance - and begin to unravel your online life.

So, choose a unique password, that's hard to crack, and hard to guess.

If you find passwords a burden - simply use password management software like LastPass, 1Password, and KeePass to make them both safer and easier to remember.

Secondly, think of all the other ways that hackers and fraudsters could exploit the other information they have accessed. They could easily, for instance, spam out phishing campaigns designed to trick you into clicking on dangerous links or use your contact information for other forms of fraud.

Jay

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Cheers for this changed mine this morning - but dodgy of ebay as It only told me about the change when I actually clicked on the change password link!!!!

Seems if your a big company these days data protection isn't a priority.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts