UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This may sound daft, but what does the Eco button do. Also why can't i attach pics on the pc but can on my mobile.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Eco button has plenty info in search function buddy.
In short varying opinion but basically cuts power and fuel comsumption when on, however most leave it off until they are on the motorway.
I personally never turn it on.

Pics are limited to 1mb so for pc you may need to resize

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
To post a pic, select 'More reply options' --> then 'attach files' and select your photo, no larger than 1000KB though, which, @Lofty79, isn't technically 1 MB, sorry,

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Haha, sorry. Being an I.T technician, it's things like that that just have to be picked up on :/

T

·
Registered
45 Posts
Eco button has plenty info in search function buddy.
In short varying opinion but basically cuts power and fuel comsumption when on, however most leave it off until they are on the motorway.
I personally never turn it on.

Pics are limited to 1mb so for pc you may need to resize
Hi

Why does it need to be left off until the motorway?

I leave mine on all the time, and get really good mpg, although I would be the first to admit there is not always as much grunt as you may like. HAving said that, if it is always set that way, you know where you are all the time.

Is there a particular risk to the car, or is it just a lack of power?

Thanks

Tim

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I drove home with my daughter on the a63 (dual carriageway) last night and at 70 without eco and aircon on cold at fan speed 3 the instant MPG readout showed 49 MPG, I flipped eco on just to see if makes any difference and it read 43 MPG,
I wont touch it again, I can't work out when its best for.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
I drove home with my daughter on the a63 (dual carriageway) last night and at 70 without eco and aircon on cold at fan speed 3 the instant MPG readout showed 49 MPG, I flipped eco on just to see if makes any difference and it read 43 MPG,
I wont touch it again, I can't work out when its best for.

I've come to the conclusion that if you have to make the engine 'work' with ECO ON the mpg drops. :eek:

My Stepway ? I'm lovin' it !! :D

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I'm not keen, but I thought I'd give it another chance. Seems to make gearchanges 'bouncy' with eco and aircon on too.
Ill stick to full power I think in the future, but sometimes I can't help messing, if there's a switch I just have to press it :D

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
You can disengage ECO mode by putting your foot straight to the floor, there is a button under the accelerator that will override eco mode and Speed Limit Mode.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts