UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
When activated it can save as much as 10% of your fuel consumption. I guess it regulates the fuel or something like it. My car dealer said only time i should use it is on longer trips.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah ok thanks .... I did find it in the handbook about 15 mins ago .... Doesn't explain it too well lol

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
146 Posts
I don't feel qualified to answer the question fully (though I believe I have an idea of how it works) but I have a related - if slightly left-field - question for anyone "in the know" or with a degree in automotive engineering.

If fitted, how is a Performance Chip's performance affected by use of the eco button? I suspect the chip overrides and nullifies the "eco" but does anyone know or does anyone have experience of this scenario?

By the way, I've found that the "eco" is best off when the engine is cold - not surprising as it's looking to set optimum conditions and this cannot be achieved from a cold start.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Using a cheapo bluetooth OBDII adapter and the Torque android app full boost normally is around 12 psi, and in eco its 4psi (except for in top gear when it boosts to around 9). Max throttle position is reported as the same in both modes.

This is on a TCe Sandero.

To be honest I'm rarely out of eco because you can drive with a heavy boot and still be toodling along.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think it might have more effect on a Laureate than an Ambiance as well, because apparently it reduces the aircon power consumption. Personally I leave it on most of the time, I can't really tell if it makes much difference to performance but I'm not a particularly adventurous driver.

·
Registered
349 Posts
thread revival but i find, driven gently with eco off, i get better mpg than with it on, based on £20 fills with similar conditions, with neither ive been able to achieve more than 190 miles per £20 fuel light to fuel light.

IMO it just makes it slower, i think a more controlled right foot is the answer

·
Registered
146 Posts
After a couple of thousand miles (it seems important that the engine is run-in and loosened up), I've concluded that with a "gentle" foot with ECO on does work delivering around 10% improvement relative to ECO off. However, at speed or driven "hard", ECO has no positive effect - marginally the reverse - and of course, the performance is reduced.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts