UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
We were told to keep Eco drive on until we had done the miles to run in , then just use it on motorways etc. hope that helps :)

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
203 Posts
Must have miss understood this,i thought it was to be used any time you where not going to want full power,ie town or motorway

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just done a 80 mile round trip on A and B roads,i did wind it up a bit :D great fun,back in town and eco is back on

·
Registered
71 Posts
Had my Stepway (diesel) since Tuesday and I have done all my driving so far with ECO mode engaged. I am finding that the acceleration and general response with ECO on is more than adequate for my day to day needs...even joining the motorway has not been a problem. I tried it with ECO off (as you do) and it's certainly a bit nippier, but I'm more interested in fuel savings than I am in burning somebody off at the lights!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, again mine is the petrol model , and I mainly use my car about town, so have kept it in the eco mode, I have done about 400 miles , do you still have to run a car in? If so how many miles is it in general, back to the eco mode the thread I read said keeping it on would burn out the starter motor.

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Hi, again mine is the petrol model , and I mainly use my car about town, so have kept it in the eco mode, I have done about 400 miles , do you still have to run a car in? If so how many miles is it in general, back to the eco mode the thread I read said keeping it on would burn out the starter motor.
Why would it burn out the starter motor ? :wacko:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info, had a good look at the manual , it says 600 miles to run in, I have only got another 200 to go.

·
Registered
343 Posts
99% of my driving is with Eco mode on. Never heard of anything to suggest it's a bad thing.

With the Eco off the turbo kicks in at about 2.500 rpm and I've changed gear before then so I don't see little difference between the two with my 'normal' driving style (however I've been known to turn Eco off when I good driving tune comes on B) )

·
Registered
71 Posts
On the flat, I think it probably makes very little difference because, unless you're always in a hurry, you are likely to be using the engine within the parameters prescribed by the ECO setting anyway. The only time I've really noticed a significant difference was going up a fairly long hill. When the car started to slow down (as you'd expect), I found that I was unable to restore motorway speed with ECO on, as it obviously required too many revs. I just left it though... and it still went up the hill happily enough...just not at 70mph all the way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have just filled up after running in ECO mode continuously. Usual journeys as before. Engine didn't feel that much different, still pulled well. If it wasn't for the ECO light you possibly wouldn't know it was on...

Consumption without ECO was 56.6 - 55.1 - 54.5, over last three fill ups.

Consumption with ECO increased to 51.0

So ... why a reduced mpg then?

·
Registered
211 Posts
because eco mode limits the power you tend to put your foot down further with it on, you might not be aware of it but you do! i never bother using it tbh and still average 60mpg
Thanks for educating me Geraint! I was thinking of trying a tank with eco on and a tank with eco off to see the difference it makes re mpg in my tce. I have always driven with eco on apart from a drive home from work yesterday when I switched it off and I'm not sure that would've been a long enough journey (13 miles) to make a difference!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts