UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I right or wrong in thinking the ECU on my Stepway Tce will make adjustments to the car based on the individual driving style.
Mine seems to be handling a bit different now after 1050km, and I dont think it is all down to loosening up. Running even better, I must add!
Also, the missus and I have completely different driving styles. So if answer to the above is yes, how does the ECU cope with that? Many thanks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You are neither right or wrong, you are wrong in thinking it can remember any particular driving style, you are right in thinking it will make adjustments to how it is being driven at that particular moment in time.
ECUs are pre programmed at manufacturers to adjust fuel/air flow etc as required eg more fuel when engine is cold, they can also be programmed with different performance modes like eco or performance.
But they have NO memory to store anyone's driving style, they react to the circumstance at that particular moment.
If you google ecu there is plenty of information available to perhaps explain to you what they are all about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts