UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Edge Audio ED205 5.25" inch 150w 150 Watts 4-Way 130mm Car Door Coaxial Speakers

ed205.jpg

One of the only disappointments that we have had with the car was the quality of the sound from the standard Renault speakers.

When you take the speakers out you can see why. Paper cone with a plastic frame and a tiny magnet.

2_Compare_small.jpg

I know others have fitted Alpine speakers as well as others but as I like to 'do the maths' with everything that we do with the Dacia Duster I wanted some decent speakers at a budget price for the front and rear and had seen rave reviews for the Edge ED205's so thought it would be worth a punt at just £18 a pair. I can hear you all shouting now "you can't have decent speakers for the price". Oh yes you can

I was an ICE maniac back in the late 80's when the hot hatch craze was in full swing spent loads of money on head units and speakers so I like to think that I have a good ear. I am pleased to say that these speakers are fantastic value for money and really do make a huge difference and fill the whole cabin with a full range of sound that speakers 3-4 times the cost of these would produce.

• Frequency Response: 80Hz-20kHz
  • Impedance: 4 ohms
  • Sensitivity: 91dB
  • RMS Power 50 Watts
  • Peak Power 150 Watts
  • Speaker size: 5.25" (13cm)
  • Mounting Depth 54mm
  • Wiring Kits included: Yes

Really easy to fit as a direct replacement for the Renault speakers and they utilise the existing screws and holes. To make life easier I used the PC-805 speaker adapters so it was s straight swap of the cables with no cutting needed and they are only £2 a pair, so well worth it

I am so pleased with these and can't recommend them highly enough.

1_New_Speaker_small.jpg

3_Connectors_small.jpg

4_Front_Speaker.jpg

5_Rear_Speaker_small.jpg

For the money I don't think you will find better sounding speakers and the build quality is excellent too. Massively recommended and makes the most of the Standard Double Din Stereo. Oh and they are bright orange, cool.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
They would look brilliant on that Tiger Stripe Captur I saw in Holden Renault yesterday...... Skrich already has the matching scarf and handbag I believe!

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I know you "boy racers" like orange.... :rolleyes:

but are they hidden behind those cover things Furbs...so you can choose orange....or not !

DM x

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know you "boy racers" like orange.... :rolleyes:

but are they hidden behind those cover things Furbs...so you can choose orange....or not !

DM x
Been a while since I was described as a boy racer but I will take it haha. You can just see the orange through the grill and I know they are Orange and so does Bettie and that's all that matters :p

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DM!!! Furby thinks his car knows it has orange speakers!!!

Can we have him sectioned do you think???
I think you will find that D&M will be in agreement with me Maud (for once). But if I do get sectioned a 28 day rest will be nice :) thanks

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
They would look brilliant on that Tiger Stripe Captur I saw in Holden Renault yesterday...... Skrich already has the matching scarf and handbag I believe!
Scarf, handbag AND catsuit GF......... :)

I'm getting those speakers and I'll be fitting them to my Lidl roof bars and driving round Norfolk to bring Abba to the population...............

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Ok Jemima. But if you get catnip and Felix down the front again it might be the last time......

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Yes Well I might just remind you that you never returned the tartan tights I lent you 3 months ago!!!
I've not taken them off in all that time :)

Actually Skrich You can keep them as they leave red stripes all over your feet.
My feet had red stripes before you lent me the tights :unsure:

Reactions: Maud Fondeo

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Can I borrow the catsuit for the firm's Christmas Dinner please my little Growltiger????
Anyway I thought the theme for this year's christmas dinner was Bollywood?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:eek: :eek: :eek: What have you done to my fantastic review, you have completely trashed it. :D :lol: :D

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Seems to happen on this Forum a lot, someone starts a sensible discussion and some dweeb comes along and ruins it!!!! :wacko:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Seems to happen on this Forum a lot, someone starts a sensible discussion and some dweeb comes along and ruins it!!!! :wacko:
Dweeb?...is that like a woofer or a tweeter.......or a pollicle?

1 - 20 of 121 Posts