UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now that the first month buzz of my new car has gone off a bit I've found a niggle that's starting to bug me, the front window switch is sighted in a really awkward place I find and i'm wondering how difficult it would be to fit a secondary one in the driver door, anybody else share my view or suggestions please.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm sure it's probably possible. But I imagine it would be costly.

Personally, I went from windy windows... as in... you know... you use your arm to wind the window up and down (I KNOW! such effort! the horror! try doing it while driving... and they say men can't multitask!)

So a button is a step forward, even if it's in a strange place. It's probably better to just get used to it. It'll become second nature after a while I'm sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought the same at first but now I've got used to it, I'm sure you will after a bit more time
maybe your right, but I will still make some enquiries and when the quotes go past a ton I will get to love it for its quirkiness.

I'm sure it's probably possible. But I imagine it would be costly.

Personally, I went from windy windows... as in... you know... you use your arm to wind the window up and down (I KNOW! such effort! the horror! try doing it while driving... and they say men can't multitask!)

So a button is a step forward, even if it's in a strange place. It's probably better to just get used to it. It'll become second nature after a while I'm sure.
a cheaper fix came to me in my sleep last night, when im not driving I carry 50lb weight about to lengthen me left arm orang-utan style , sorted .

·
Registered
153 Posts
a cheaper fix came to me in my sleep last night, when im not driving I carry 50lb weight about to lengthen me left arm orang-utan style , sorted .
Just the one arm? I'm sure this body modification could come in handy elsewhere as well.

*tries not to think rude thoughts*

*fails*

·
Events Committee Member
1,022 Posts
Sorry for the stupid question but where exactly is the electric window button on the Stepway?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for the stupid question but where exactly is the electric window button on the Stepway?
low down on the front centre console , its also a small flat switch and flush to its surround not at all user friendly, also its past arms length to my driving position, I do feel a bit more thought could have gone into its position.

·
Events Committee Member
1,022 Posts
It was in a similar position on our old Citroën Picasso does take some getting used too

·
Registered
30 Posts
But......... If you think about it, the position is away from any areas where water or moisture can get at it ! -- In my old car that had the window switches on the door rest, I used to forget about raindrops on the roof of the car, drive round a left corner and 'whoosh' a load of raindrops from the roof used to run in and on to the window switches (causing shorting problems etc.) -- I am happy where they are.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts