UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here come a true story from Sweden ...

Want to tell you about a Dacia Duster II cdi delivered 13 February 2016. On 15 February 2016 we complained about the car.

The engine is unbalanced at 2000 rpm to 2500 rpm. The car engine roar. Overall, the car has been authorized workshop for 10 weeks in total from February. Finally, the foreman said that they had complained to the motor Dacia and wanted to fit a new engine.

Renault Nordic AB / Dacia refuses workshop request.

After that, says the workshop to my wife that the car is ready and repaired. So they try to trick her - weak.

I have spoken with Dacia customer service that has been outsourced to Denmark and Germany for the Swedish market. They never answer with any clear answers.

After about 20 emails and 25 phone calls.

Now want to Renault Nordic AB / Dacia deliver a new car at a extra cost of SEK 20 000. Apparently, it will be cheaper for them to send a new car than to pay wages for the workshop to replace the engine free. Even though we have a three-year new car warranty.

I'm just saying that you should try to avoid contact with Dacia customer service and go directly to the importer - always. Does anyone have a serious problem with his car so do not use it in the meantime. Take it out and submit it to the dealer. Because otherwise you can expect to pay a large sum for a replace.

Overall Dacia has a crappy customer service that is not of this world.

How is the customer service in England?

Are Dacia treat their customers with the same grueling practices?

Today I paid the required amount. On Saturday, I set the car the seller, then it will be to take the bike to work or try to go with my wife if we sort it out with their time on the job. I hope not the winter gets cold immediately. Then it remains to see if they have the desire to keep their promises.

No similar car is not to be found and they refuse to lend out a car meanwhile. Instead, they want us to continue driving with the broken car and then pay even more in exchange later. They have a great business idea :(

If you are looking to buy a Dacia Duster, be prepared that the car is a cold experience in winter. At minus -16 Celsius are the heat in the cockpit almost nonexistent. In the family we also have an additional Dacia Duster 2015 cdi with extra heaters for both the interior and the engine, so the car is warm to start with, then it becomes colder the farther you drive.

Greetings from Sweden!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Sorry to hear of your woes. Brit Law says purchase contract is with dealer only, so to them we must go with our sadness and our broken bits.

Dacia UK have about the same reputation as VW, they can be good or very bad. Warranty repairs are often disputed.

Betalt arbete går långsamt. :)

However there are many people buying Dacia who are not familiar with cars so dealers are assailed with strange warranty demands, CD player displays swear words, condensation happens in winter, front seats are 'different', put two CD's at once in player and now it's broken, etc, etc.

The ineffective heater at -16C is familiar. The DCi engines are very efficient and there's no waste heat fed to the humans until the block is up to temperature.

Some people fit the Heko winter grill covers. Others buy gloves. Stay warm!

Ha det så bra!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Nisse_70

We only have hot and hotter here. Is now a good time to invite you to South Africa?

Our dealership tried to get away with using a cheaper oil. They admitted their fault and have now corrected this. I have no outstanding issues with them, but then I don't have anything major to report.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your kind words, I need them!

On Saturday will the car be returned to the dealer. Still got one Dacia Duster left in our family. Still its working, but the new one got Euro 6 engine spec. We hope the dealer manage to deliver a brand new one, how works better. They have a sad custom support. But its even more sad to have to pay an other 13% more for that car.

I always change oil and filter by my self every 10 000 km, but the service manual says 20 000 km. Dacia Duster engine runs always too cold, to avoid condensation in the engine oil I make the change more frequent. I don't believe in having water in the engine is good for it. The Duster have never turn on the cooling fan.

As prices in Sweden are so high for the engine oil. I import oil from France in 5 liter cans that you can not get in Sweden. Usually buy 20 liters at a time. I use Castrol Magnetic 5W - 40W. I will keep you updated on this "car soup".

- Oh I would love to visit South Africa, I think we should make a change. What do you think about changing and stay in our holiday home in the Swedish mountains?

Last New Year's Eve, I noticed that the thermometer was down to minus -34 degrees Celsius. As you can probably imagine how Dacia Dustern was then, with interior heat. Motor sounded like an antique tractor and smoke like a power plant. The snow that children brought up in the back seat does not melt when, even if you drive 100 km stretch.

-I will keep you updated

·
Registered
521 Posts
On the oil for a dCi, Renault spec RN720 says that you will need the ACEA C4. Elf says: "For 30,000 km covered, an RN 0720 standard oil oxidizes 3 times less than an ACEA C4 oil and 6 times less than an ACEA C3 oil." Locally, Elf (Total) Evolution Full-Tech FE is RN 0720 compliant.

Haha - thanks, but not enough animals in Sweden's mountains to satisfy me. See my last holiday: http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/forum/topic/22001-kruger-is-for-nature-lovers/

·
Registered
521 Posts
Thanks

We have the warm weather that goes with cold beer.

Not my pic, but we have a caracal just slightly larger than the lynx that lives on the mountain behind me in Cape Town that is bothering the penguins.
Eye Carnivore Felidae Cat Whiskers

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Uppdate:

My wife now has a new Dacia Duster because the former had a balance of fault in the engine. That made a noise came after 2,000 rpm up to around 2400 rpm. The dealer, however, demanded that we would pay about 820 GBP for the change. During the protest, I paid the amount.
Though she did not choose the color this time but was given a comet gray metallic.

It remains that the dealer should mount the armrest and electric engine heaters free of charge.

We hope that the new car does not get any strange errors. So folks it comes to stand on themselves whether to get success with Dacia customer service and their dealers.

·
Registered
521 Posts
We're holding thumbs that this one is a winner.

I can only think the assembly line installer managed to drop the crankshaft (and got away with it) or it got bumped in transit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here come a true story from Sweden ...

Want to tell you about a Dacia Duster II cdi delivered 13 February 2016. On 15 February 2016 we complained about the car.
The engine is unbalanced at 2000 rpm to 2500 rpm. The car engine roar. Overall, the car has been authorized workshop for 10 weeks in total from February. Finally, the foreman said that they had complained to the motor Dacia and wanted to fit a new engine.

Renault Nordic AB / Dacia refuses workshop request.

After that, says the workshop to my wife that the car is ready and repaired. So they try to trick her - weak.

I have spoken with Dacia customer service that has been outsourced to Denmark and Germany for the Swedish market. They never answer with any clear answers.

After about 20 emails and 25 phone calls.

Now want to Renault Nordic AB / Dacia deliver a new car at a extra cost of SEK 20 000. Apparently, it will be cheaper for them to send a new car than to pay wages for the workshop to replace the engine free. Even though we have a three-year new car warranty.

I'm just saying that you should try to avoid contact with Dacia customer service and go directly to the importer - always. Does anyone have a serious problem with his car so do not use it in the meantime. Take it out and submit it to the dealer. Because otherwise you can expect to pay a large sum for a replace.

Overall Dacia has a crappy customer service that is not of this world.

How is the customer service in England?
Are Dacia treat their customers with the same grueling practices?

Today I paid the required amount. On Saturday, I set the car the seller, then it will be to take the bike to work or try to go with my wife if we sort it out with their time on the job. I hope not the winter gets cold immediately. Then it remains to see if they have the desire to keep their promises.

No similar car is not to be found and they refuse to lend out a car meanwhile. Instead, they want us to continue driving with the broken car and then pay even more in exchange later. They have a great business idea :(

If you are looking to buy a Dacia Duster, be prepared that the car is a cold experience in winter. At minus -16 Celsius are the heat in the cockpit almost nonexistent. In the family we also have an additional Dacia Duster 2015 cdi with extra heaters for both the interior and the engine, so the car is warm to start with, then it becomes colder the farther you drive.

Greetings from Sweden!
Yes I'm currently experiencing the very unprofessional service Dacia are becoming known for,My Dusters 36000 miles and os in its 4th year and the oil regulator switch failed causing engine to seize and I'm currently fighting the offer they've made of 70% towards the cost of a new engine,I've been advised that the vehicle should be free of fault and last a reasonable time and possibly the dealership or the Finance company are liable.Not once since I've had the car have I received a call from Dacia,Renault or anyone for that matter about how we were getting on with the car,calls only come for servicing etc
Sorry to hear of your woes. Brit Law says purchase contract is with dealer only, so to them we must go with our sadness and our broken bits.

Dacia UK have about the same reputation as VW, they can be good or very bad. Warranty repairs are often disputed.

Betalt arbete går långsamt. :)

However there are many people buying Dacia who are not familiar with cars so dealers are assailed with strange warranty demands, CD player displays swear words, condensation happens in winter, front seats are 'different', put two CD's at once in player and now it's broken, etc, etc.

The ineffective heater at -16C is familiar. The DCi engines are very efficient and there's no waste heat fed to the humans until the block is up to temperature.

Some people fit the Heko winter grill covers. Others buy gloves. Stay warm!

Ha det så bra!
Welcome to the forum @Nisse_70

We only have hot and hotter here. Is now a good time to invite you to South Africa?

Our dealership tried to get away with using a cheaper oil. They admitted their fault and have now corrected this. I have no outstanding issues with them, but then I don't have anything major to report.
Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts