UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since new the engine revs when changing from 1st to 2nd gear are not always dying back fast enough. It is fine during every other gear change. I am still running it in and have only covered about 600 miles and thought that I would wait until I have done 900 before consulting the dealer. It doesn't happen every time probably about 50% of changes.

I am obviously keeping the revs below 2500 in all gears and probably a bit less in first. Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts before I book it in. A bit strange do you think, maybe a sensor or something.

Paul

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Doesn't sound like a sensor to me, I would have thought that if it were it would do the same thing every time and between every gear.

Trying not to be rude but are you sure your foot is fully clear of the throttle when you engage the clutch?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a fair question, but I drive through every gear the same way and it only happens from 1st to 2nd, so I wouldn't think so, but thanks for the thought. It's almost like the throttle is stuck for a fraction of a second.

·
Registered
167 Posts
might be a dodgy sensor for the throttle postition or pedal position i had that on a car before and it liked to keep throttle up a bit longer then it should.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you read the handbook it says do not use first gear on the 1.5 diesel car.

If you stick to this you should be OK.

It is so low that the engine is still turning too fast as you attempt to change up.

The only time I ever use 1st is if Im shunting to park.

Never use 1st gear during normal running.

Dont take my word for it ,its in the handbook

Hope this helps...Doug.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Doug, thanks for that, but I think that refers to the 4X4. Mines a modest 4X2 and it would struggle to pull away in 2nd gear.

I am going to call them soon and will let you know. They will probably find nothing wrong, only me.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi Doug, thanks for that, but I think that refers to the 4X4. Mines a modest 4X2 and it would struggle to pull away in 2nd gear.

I am going to call them soon and will let you know. They will probably find nothing wrong, only me.
Oh I see,sorry mate.

If you have 6 gears same should apply though, surely.

·
Registered
895 Posts
AND LETS NOT MIX PEOPLE UP HERE !!

The 4x4 can use 2nd gear to pull away in in certain conditions only ! Thats OK and for all you others and Sandero and Logan owners its first gear and first gear only !

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
my own thought is that u change rather fast between the 1st and 2nd

and another one is that u make a big issue out of this

its nothing wrong with the car its normal :)

·
Registered
895 Posts
They should have left that out of the handbook ! and left people to pull off in first ! They will leave people so insecure about this

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Antavi

In answer to your comments

You are wrong about changing too fast and how do you know nothing is wrong with the car, are you psychic . I have been driving for about 50 years and have covered many hundreds of thousands of miles in many new cars over the years, so please don't tell me what is normal.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Hi Antavi

In answer to your comments

You are wrong about changing too fast and how do you know nothing is wrong with the car, are you psychic . I have been driving for about 50 years and have covered many hundreds of thousands of miles in many new cars over the years, so please don't tell me what is normal.
well

a lot happened with the engines technologies in the last 50 years so dont compare older cars to new ones

and that was my opinion i dont know u

u dont know me so different driving stiles

so if u dont want me or others to tell u that its normal or not maybe u are on the wrong forum :)

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hold on guys no slanging matches ! I also have been driving Yonks and I have MILLIONS of miles under my belt in just about every country in Europe and also Canada and the old Eastern Block with all sizes of vehicles from 150 Ton downwards But am open to new stuff and lets admit it the cars today have more technology in them than the first moon lander and what antavi meant was that the change from 1st to second is done fast or short ie get it rolling

! Not that YOU change to fast ! Lets realize that he is from Romania with an exceptionally good knowledge of out language But obviously some things will not come out as he means ! I actually enjoy his input and also on this forum we have a Messenger to air any grievances

NO I am not a Moderator ! We are all moderators that the Moderators can moderate !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I actually thought that this was a good forum and have enjoyed my few weeks on it, but you won't hear anymore from me, thank God I hear.

I don't mind being told anything helpful.

Anyway Stuart you enjoy yourself and go play with Antavi who lives closer to you, your obviously suited.

bi xxx

·
Registered
895 Posts
Mmmmm You can please some of the people some of the time But certain people you cant please at all ! Why ask a question if you do not want to hear the answers ! And as for taking a dig at myself feel free But why take it out on antavi ??! I dont get you at all

Next time you ask a question make a Poll and give us 10 answers which you would like us to give and you can pick out the best one

·
Registered
183 Posts
I actually thought that this was a good forum and have enjoyed my few weeks on it, but you won't hear anymore from me, thank God I hear.

I don't mind being told anything helpful.

Anyway Stuart you enjoy yourself and go play with Antavi who lives closer to you, your obviously suited.

bi xxx
Antavi rocks, It may be the way he writes things sometimes but the guy talks lots of sense and spends a lot of time helping people on here.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Antavi rocks, It may be the way he writes things sometimes but the guy talks lots of sense and spends a lot of time helping people on here.
wow

thank u dogstar

i didnt see that one coming

its nice to be appreciated

but never forget that i am learning every day stuff from you all as well

1 - 20 of 24 Posts