UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of us lucky enough to have received their Dusters, can you tell me what your engine temp gauge is showing as I am a little concerned my is running a little cool.
I have 1.5 dCi and it never goes above 2 bars on the gauge, my Megane which had the same diesel engine, run warmer than the Duster, the gauge was always showing around the midpoint of the gauge.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have had mine for 3 months and it has never gone above the 2 bar mark.

Also, I am based in Turkey where it is a bit warmer than the UK. B)

Reactions: GrahamR

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mostly 2 bars but on the odd occassion, has gone to 4 which is halfway and where you would expect it. No obvious reason why it should have gone up so it looks like 2 bars is what we should expect.

Perhaps a dealer can advise what the actual running temp should be and what 2 bars actually means. If it's like most cars it just shows it's within a range of about 10-15 degrees.

Anyone out there with 1 of those infra red temp readers.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I also normaly have only 2 bars, but last summer when it was over +30 degress it went sometimes up to 4 bars in slow city traffic.

When the temperature gauge is on 2 bars, then the engine temperature is 78-81 °C. This according to the Garmin Navigator ecoRoute HD obd-engine interface.

·
Registered
37 Posts
On my petrol Access 4X2, the temperature stays on 4 bars when warm. This equates to 90 - 95 degrees centigrade (via OBD2 and Torque). Which is what I would expect.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Mine stays on 2 bars but will sometimes go to 4 bars for a moment when driven a little harder on motorways but then drops back to 2 bars when easing of the go fast pedal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts