UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had the service light come on with engine warning light, loss of power, auto stop/start not working etc. Renault wanted £99.00 to book in for diagnostic, we had the service done in July, so started to look at other common faults and decided to check EGR valve, stripped it down and and cleaned carbon build up from it cleared the fault codes with maxi scan code reader. I still have the engine amber light on until I start the engine, once started the amber light disappears is this normal. All systems are now working normal since cleaning EGR valve.

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,051 Posts
I recently had the service light come on with engine warning light, loss of power, auto stop/start not working etc. Renault wanted £99.00 to book in for diagnostic, we had the service done in July, so started to look at other common faults and decided to check EGR valve, stripped it down and and cleaned carbon build up from it cleared the fault codes with maxi scan code reader. I still have the engine amber light on until I start the engine, once started the amber light disappears is this normal. All systems are now working normal since cleaning EGR valve.
The "engine" amber light only goes out when you start the engine, have you never noticed before ? :D

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,051 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
All the warning lights illuminate at starting. It is so to demonstrate all the warning lights on the display are working. Otherwise when you need a warning you would not etc etc.

·
Premium Member
2020 Sandero Stepway, 1977 MGB Roadster
198 Posts
BS: ‘All’ the lights illuminating is fine so long as you know what should be on in the first place. I have to admit I don’t check when I turn on the ignition, and I doubt if I would notice if a light wasn’t on! I do of course check that those that do come on go off.
I suppose I should make a mental note of those that are relevant to the petrol engine and make sure next time.

·
Registered
101 Posts
BS: ‘All’ the lights illuminating is fine so long as you know what should be on in the first place. I have to admit I don’t check when I turn on the ignition, and I doubt if I would notice if a light wasn’t on! I do of course check that those that do come on go off.
I suppose I should make a mental note of those that are relevant to the petrol engine and make sure next time.
If one does not light up it may get logged as a fault code or another light comes on. Don't quote me though, I am assuming now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts