UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the news it says Renault has been cheating too . I hope my road tax does not go up as I got the duster because the tax was £60 a year less than the old car,

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Rumour and scaremongering are rife around this topic. Worry ye not, I predict a storm in a teacup.
Yes you could have hit the nail on the head....

But the French firm's sales director Thierry Koskas reiterated "very firmly" that "Renault did not cheat", setting out a clear difference between its issues and those affecting its German rival, which has admitted using cheat software to fool pollution test detectors.

Mr Koskas said: "We are bit using any software other (fraudulent) methods. In test conditions, we respect emissions norms.

"But when we are no longer in test conditions, there is indeed a difference between real conditions and control conditions, that is a fact."

The company later said: "The Renault Group confirms that a vehicle recall is in place for approximately 15,000 Renault vehicles fitted with its dCi 110 engine.

"The recall operation seeks to address an error in the engine's calibration unit. This is a known issue that was corrected on production vehicles from 4 September 2015.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Yes but if there was why are dacia vehicles getting bad fuel mpg ??? Or is build at factory not doing there job correctly or faulty parts

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Yes but if there was why are dacia vehicles getting bad fuel mpg ??? Or is build at factory not doing there job correctly or faulty parts
HaHa, in the case of my poor MPG, the problem is getting the dealer to find if its factory not doing there job correctly or faulty parts... and get the problem feckin fixed.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
OK u want value for ur money that wat warantry for so dealer gets paid for doing job it manufactory that lose out dealers should be happy with extra work

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've emailed Dacia to see what their official answer is on this. If the recall is to just improve the green credentials of the vehicle and if it affects fuel economy, performance or dpf life, then as far as I'm concerned, they can keep their CAN Clip away from my ECU. If I was bothered about being green, I'd be driving a Leaf, not a Duster!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well I had a call today from a nice lady from Dacia Customer Care. Currently they cannot confirm anything more than 15,000 vehicles globally & some sort of issue with the "calibration unit" on some dci110 engines. If we have an affected vehicle, they will write to us in due course (and / or email us) if we use the "my dacia" portal. That letter will give more details as to what the fix involves.

I shall wait and see what happens.....

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
If the Mail says it's raining outside I'd go look out the window before believing them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts