UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Originally I pre order a Dacia Duster Ambiance model 4WD on line in December 2012, then after I placed

that order, I decided that I wanted the Laureate dci 110 4x4 with ESC/ASR model with the protection pack! and I will pay for it in one go, no finance in the White Colour.

so I found my nearest renault dealer, went there and told them

that I wanted the Laureate model instead of the ambiance model! they told me they can sort that for me, update my order!

I was told to expect my car in either 2 to 3months, I thought I will just have to wait now, occasionally I would ring up to check

if my vehicle was on the way or arrived yet! I was always told no.

The problem is this I received a call from the new car sales guy at renault on the 26 of March telling me, that if I ring an 0800 for and insurance

company and tell them that I am receiving my Dacia Duster Laureate on the 31st March then I would get 7 days free insurance, I was so excited, I thought yeaaahhh! but then he mention that I wont be picking up the vehicle on that day as the vehicle has not arrived yet! and I said well why tell me to ring the insurance company and say that I am picking up the vehicle on the 31st March, when I am not, and his reply was to get things moving faster! one week after I received the new log book with my name on it, I thought great it must be here by now, but when I rang him he told me that the vehicle was not here yet!

on 14 of April 2013 he rang me and said that i am expecting your vehicle to arrive at our shop on the 17 of April, so I can come in on the 18 April to fetch it, but there was one small problem they forgot to add the protection pack to my vehicle! and I said how could they forgot, they had over 3 months to make things right! but i thought not to worry if they didn't add it, I will still have it anyway; however excited I was, I couldn't make it on the 18 so I went in on the 19 April deposit 3/4 of the money and said I will pick it up on the 22nd. When finally I saw it, there was mud all over the wheels, inside was muddy on the foot pedals, and there was a bit of rust showing on the wheels! now this is not the vision I had in my head coming to view my new car, I wasn't too happy! on the Saturday I rang up and told them that I didn't like the condition that I saw it in, I thought the seats would at least be wrapped with plastic, or covers over it! but nothing like that! So I said tell me the truth, when did this vehicle arrived in the UK and he said in First week in March, and I asked him again was it been used as a showroom demo and he said no, and I asked him about the delivery mileage its already at 23 miles, well I dont know if this is normal for a new vehicle, most would say under 10 miles!

so I said why wasn't I told it was here all along, I kept ringing every week to find out if its arrived, err aahh he replied didn't have an answer straight away! Now I haven't gone and pay the rest of the money, or pick this duster up, because its not how I wanted it. I specifically told him that I wanted the Laureate dci 110 4x4 with ESC/ASR with the protection pack! and what I am been given is the laureate dci 110 without ESC/ASR or protection pack!....now what is the best thing to do?????

·
Registered
118 Posts
If it were me, I'd change dealer. Problem is that there isn't much in it for them, but it's a lot of money for us. Sounds like you're being fobbed of with someone else's car. But your dilemma is that if you change, you go back to the end of the queue. Esc will give you along wait. On the other hand you want what you want. Personally I'd either order elsewhere and wait, or compromise and source a dealer who has something similar in stock and purchase from them, even if I had to travel. But I would rather get my money back and have nothing than part with a lot of cash to someone who tries to give me someone else's order, not cleaned properly, and with rust on it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Hi the key thing here is what does it say on your order form/contract . If it says Laureate dci 110 4x4 with ESC/ASR model with the protection pack and

as your agent, they have not supplied it you ,you have a case . The difficulty comes if you have accepted the car and signed the paperwork . Been through a similar scenario with a new Citroen , signed the paperwork before having a good look at the car , found 18 defects from dents in the underneath , doors not fitting , dinks in door paint work , welding splater which had been painted over . Nearly smacked the dealer when he said "what do expect for a volume manufactured car " :angry:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi princessrac, I agree with bluegerbere, I would ask for my money back and go somewhere else, otherwise it would wind me up every time I looked at the car. I too have experienced less than acceptable service but they seem to think we should all be so grateful we are getting our cars, they seem to have forgotten we have all shelled out a lot of money for these and they should be perfect when we receive them regardless of how much they cost or where they have been built. Good luck!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi Princessrac

Sorry to hear you have had so much trouble.

No question, change dealer. As you are looking for a higher spec Duster, there will be some already at dealers. So check which dealer has stock and move

your business to them.

Good luck!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi All

Originally I pre order a Dacia Duster Ambiance model 4WD on line in December 2012, then after I placed
that order, I decided that I wanted the Laureate dci 110 4x4 with ESC/ASR model with the protection pack! and I will pay for it in one go, no finance in the White Colour.
so I found my nearest renault dealer, went there and told them
that I wanted the Laureate model instead of the ambiance model! they told me they can sort that for me, update my order!
Hi princessrac, what I gathered from the pre-ordering system back last year (I ordered 30 Sept 2012) was that if you wanted to change anything at all from your original spec then you had to cancel your existing order using the online system, have your £100 returned, then start over with a new order. It sounds to me like the dealer has messed things up saying they could update the order at the dealer. Maybe the system had changed by the time you went to re-order, but in any case it sounds like you have experienced some pretty shoddy practice from the dealer. Hope you get your money back in full ... then you can take your custom elsewhere. Also, you could double check with Dacia Customer Services 0844 335 1111 what the status of your order is. Many of us have had unsatisfactory communication with/from Dacia but it can't do any harm to contact them and ask. You could also check in to Dacia online and enter your original order number, see if anything comes up at all. Hope things get sorted to your satisfaction

Reactions: princessrac

·
Registered
154 Posts
Money back and change dealer - 2 weeks before i got my car I went to the dealer and he had the spec of car I wanted but in a different colour - I test drove it but it did not drive half as well as my car when I got it.

The test car was still there when I went to pick mine up - hadn't been fully PDI'd or anything so I presume it was a DOA and they were returning it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi the key thing here is what does it say on your order form/contract . If it says Laureate dci 110 4x4 with ESC/ASR model with the protection pack and

as your agent, they have not supplied it you ,you have a case . The difficulty comes if you have accepted the car and signed the paperwork . Been through a similar scenario with a new Citroen , signed the paperwork before having a good look at the car , found 18 defects from dents in the underneath , doors not fitting , dinks in door paint work , welding splater which had been painted over . Nearly smacked the dealer when he said "what do expect for a volume manufactured car " :angry:

Thank you for responding!.....I wasn't shown the order form, to be honest I find the whole thing strange! step by step this is what what happen! pre-order and paid £100 at first for the Ambiance model, then after I decided that I wanted the Laureate dci 110 4x4 4WD with ESC/ASR with protection pack; diesel, went to my local dealer who told me that yeah they can change that for me, so I gave them my reference number, and I was told dont worry they will sort it, leave it to them! I was told expect my new vehicle within 2-3months. occasionally rang up to check with them to see if any progress, and I was always told no! in mid February I call in at their garage, to change my address details, immediately when I got there, I saw a duster in alpine white, and a workman was in it and I saw him with a screw driver in his hand, screwing in and tightening up things, all four doors was open, and I thought to myself I hope thats not mine, as a new vehicle, it shouldn't have a screw driver at it already! anyway went into the office and change my details. what really gets me is, all along I kept ringing up to see if it has arrive, and I was told no. but after asking the question, the vehicle has been there according to him now since the first week in March 2013, but he only rang me on the 14 of April to tell me, I am expecting your vehicle to arrive here on the 17 of April, but there is one problem they for got to add the protection pack at the factory! so I can fetch it on the Thursday. I couldn't make it thursday so I went on the friday! I deposit 3/4 of the money on it, I didn't want to pay all of the money at once without inspecting it first! I was given a receipt for the payment made, so I said let me see my new duster, walked around it, looked inside it, and I notice those things, muddy pedals, dust inside on the floor, muddy tyres rust on the wheels, and it was not even raining! I didn't like the presentaion at all. all I could think was if the vehicle has just arrive, why is it like that already! after a brief inspection I left, and then on saturday I rang and told him didn't like the condition it was in! I still haven't sign any paper work, all I did was placed my order, deposit 3/4 of the money and I was given a receipt! and also the log book was in my name even before I seen or got the vehicle, it just made me wonder if there is something wrong with this particular one they are trying to give to me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Money back and change dealer - 2 weeks before i got my car I went to the dealer and he had the spec of car I wanted but in a different colour - I test drove it but it did not drive half as well as my car when I got it.

The test car was still there when I went to pick mine up - hadn't been fully PDI'd or anything so I presume it was a DOA and they were returning it.

Thank you for your response....that is what I am thinking now, money back and change dealer!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi princessrac, what I gathered from the pre-ordering system back last year (I ordered 30 Sept 2012) was that if you wanted to change anything at all from your original spec then you had to cancel your existing order using the online system, have your £100 returned, then start over with a new order. It sounds to me like the dealer has messed things up saying they could update the order at the dealer. Maybe the system had changed by the time you went to re-order, but in any case it sounds like you have experienced some pretty shoddy practice from the dealer. Hope you get your money back in full ... then you can take your custom elsewhere. Also, you could double check with Dacia Customer Services 0844 335 1111 what the status of your order is. Many of us have had unsatisfactory communication with/from Dacia but it can't do any harm to contact them and ask. You could also check in to Dacia online and enter your original order number, see if anything comes up at all. Hope things get sorted to your satisfaction
Thank you....on the same number you mention in your post, I already rang them on the 22nd of April, waited a while before I got through! then I explained things to the manager exactly as how it happen, she said she will log it in a dispute case, investigate and call me back on the 24 April!....I waited for the call, didn't hear from her, so I rang up about 12 ish, and gave my reference number I was told the manger dealing with my case is not in today, but there is another person around but she is out at lunch, but when she gets back, she will get her to give me a call, and she herself can't comment on the issue at the moment, so I should wait for the call, its the 25 April today, and I haven't heard from either the dealer or Customer Service yet!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Princessrac

No question, change dealer. As you are looking for a higher spec Duster, there will be some already at dealers. So check which dealer has stock and move

your business to them.

Good luck!
Hi Princessrac

your business to them.

Good luck!
Thank you....glad I found this forum!...cheers.

·
Registered
836 Posts
The key point is you have not signed anything . The difficulty here is what was the actual order /contract .
Ask to see the original order , this is only a guess but I think the person who changed the order at the garage to the Laureate dci 110 4x4 4WD probably did not know or forgot that ESC/ASR was an extra , the missing protection pack is also a clue . The condition of the interior is ( (forgive me for this ) peripheral . The PDI before you receive the car normally clears all the problems , normally you do not see the car before the PDI . Trust me , the amount of dents and scratch repairs on new cars is enormous . It is just the customer is never aware they just turn up and see gleaming new car .
The garage will put a lot of pressure on you to take the car as it is and 'they will sort it out with Dacia" . My advice is do not take the car , do not sign for the car . They will say all the documentation is in your name , bla , bla , bla .
THIS IS NOT THE CAR YOU ORDERED . See the order/ contract and check with customer services what the garage ordered .

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Trust me , the amount of dents and scratch repairs on new cars is enormous . It is just the customer is never aware they just turn up and see gleaming new car .

The garage will put a lot of pressure on you to take the car as it is and 'they will sort it out with Dacia" . My advice is do not take the car , do not sign for the car . They will say all the documentation is in your name , bla , bla , bla .
THIS IS NOT THE CAR YOU ORDERED . See the order/ contract and check with customer services what the garage ordered .
That is really good advice Dshart, I will remember this when it's my turn to pick up the car

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you.....True true I agreed also, as it stands I only deposit 3/4 of the money! but what I couldn't understand is, how come I received the log book in my name before even viewing the vehicle, the log book showed that the vehicle was registered on 31st March 2013, but I was told the vehicle was not in the country yet! but then the dealer made out, like the vehicle has only just arrived at their garage on 17 April! and he wonders why I am asking questions, as if I shouldn't ask any questions! just take the vehicle and go!....after I deposit the money, and I asked to see my new vehicle, he didn't he switch on the ignition or nothing, I only look around it and inside it, and that was it, no test driving it or nothing!....seem to me that he just wanted all the money first, then I could take it any how.

Hi princessrac, I agree with bluegerbere, I would ask for my money back and go somewhere else, otherwise it would wind me up every time I looked at the car. I too have experienced less than acceptable service but they seem to think we should all be so grateful we are getting our cars, they seem to have forgotten we have all shelled out a lot of money for these and they should be perfect when we receive them regardless of how much they cost or where they have been built. Good luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If it were me, I'd change dealer. Problem is that there isn't much in it for them, but it's a lot of money for us. Sounds like you're being fobbed of with someone else's car. But your dilemma is that if you change, you go back to the end of the queue. Esc will give you along wait. On the other hand you want what you want. Personally I'd either order elsewhere and wait, or compromise and source a dealer who has something similar in stock and purchase from them, even if I had to travel. But I would rather get my money back and have nothing than part with a lot of cash to someone who tries to give me someone else's order, not cleaned properly, and with rust on it.
Thank you....Yes it seems like I am in a dilemma!.... I waited so long, and then when it comes, seem like its the wrong one, that they are trying to pass unto me! the only thing seem right on it, was the colour!.....which it is in alpine white.

And the worst thing, I sold my other car in March, because I thought I would have my duster soon, and the position I am in at the moment is; hitching a ride at times from friends, or taking a taxi! but very good advice, I did not know you had other dealers for dacia, I thought it was only renault! now I can source another dealer, I dont know if I can wait another 3-6 months to get a duster though.....It will wind me up! grrrrhhh

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you....Yes it seems like I am in a dilemma!.... I waited so long, and then when it comes, seem like its the wrong one, that they are trying to pass unto me! the only thing seem right on it, was the colour!.....which it is in alpine white.

And the worst thing, I sold my other car in March, because I thought I would have my duster soon, and the position I am in at the moment is; hitching a ride at times from friends, or taking a taxi! but very good advice, I did not know you had other dealers for dacia, I thought it was only renault! now I can source another dealer, I dont know if I can wait another 3-6 months to get a duster though.....It will wind me up! grrrrhhh

May I asked....What condition was your vehicle in, when you first pick it up?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine had received a very poor polish which incidentally/conveniently concealed a couple of small chips. Unfortunately I didn't spot these until I got home and you can imagine what the dealers response to that was… The car was also quite dusty on the inside.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.