UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone.

I had the pleasure of replacing the dusters battery last night... 1945hrs at halfrauds with £125 in hand!

It's been refusing to start when the lady has been driving it. The battery tester was indicating the charge wasn't being held although the voltage was good and the alternator was doing the business.

We had the ESC light on the dash and I came to the forum for guidance and didn't find a solution. So I have the answer for it's removal - the forum was saying to go the dealer... they wanted to change the battery for £200. So halfrauds were a bargain compared...

To remove simply drive at dual carriageway speeds for a few miles and it'll go out on its own.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd just like to add some further confirmation to this. After disconnecting the battery on my Duster access 2019 model I was presented with 3 lights; service, ESC and power steering. I panicked... a lot!

But after around 10 miles (this took me just over 2 days as I work really close to where I live) all three lights automatically reset and went out.

I was also seeing warning messages on the dash saying check ESC and Check Power Steering. They also cleared.

I have now done this twice, i.e., disconnected the batter terminal and each time the lights came on and then automatically reset after a couple of days. Don't know if it was the miles or the amount of time. But either way they went out.

I had connected an OBD2 scanner and it wasn't picking any errors up and a mechanic friend did the same with his handheld scanner.

I was at the stage of taking it to an auto electricians but saw this post and left it a day or so and presto, the warnings all reset.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2018 Duster 1.6 SCE.Prestige(all new model).I disconnected battery to charge it,and after reconnecting battery and starting car,I got warnings on dash- check ESC and Check Power Steering.I looked through handbook and it states that if you disconnect battery then reconnect you will get power steering warning light on.To rectify this you need to start car,on level surface with just you,the driver in car-fully turn power steering to left,then fully to right,and then back to full left lock again-this resets steering,and warning lights-ESC. and POWER STEERING,should disappear!

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Great to know, after a battery change or removal on my old MB A190 one have to reset the car's stability system by turning the steering full lock each way due to the well know Elk test problem and then lower fully all four windows and close them again for the anti trap protection.
smile.png

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good to know! Don't think I did any full locks, But I'll give this a go when I'm fitting my reverse camera! Degsy: is that manual a soft copy or physical? I didn't get anything with mine. If it's a soft copy, do you have a link at all?

Cheers
Barry

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys, I’ve just had my air con sorted out, when I went to pick it up all 3 of these lights were on and I crapped myself!

Glad I found this

I take it the battery has to come off to refill the gas. I did the full lock wheel trick which worked but as soon as I turn the engine off the warning lights are back.

Hopefully they’ll be gone soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts