UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I paid the extra £350 for ESP / ASR on my 4x2 Duster.

I may seem overly suspicious, but how do I know its been fitted ? Unlike the 4x4, there's no ESP / ASR shut-off switch on the 4x2 and no indicator light that I've seen. Is there something installed somewhere that I can see to confirm it is there ?

Grateful for any advice :)

Sax

·
Registered
30 Posts
Or if you have some clean underwear to change into undertake the Moose Avoidance Test if you come back down on 4 wheels it is working :)

Actually did it several times in a few different cars last month on a closed road for an advanced driving skills course. The Renault Scenic I tried it in first amazed me I only got one wheel in the air and it went exactly where I needed it to go. A 1999 Golf span out quite spectacularly at very low speed.

I am a convert to this technology now Ive used it. I wouldn't buy a Duster without it.

I am going to continue the advanced driving skills learning too. Skidpan next. HIghly recommend such courses to everyone,

·
Registered
182 Posts
it seems to me that if you don't find that the system kicking in,then your driving within your and the cars confins,and all are the safer for it.however l do acknowledge that if you learn to handle things better,so can you push the boaders and that you should know and understand what to do when systems kick in to "help you".,

·
Registered
5 Posts
There should be a button low down on the dash near the cup holders. If you press it a skid type light comes on to show you have disengaged the system.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Only on the 4x4 version, the 4x2 is purely automatic.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
if u have the system fitted

when u start the car , before u start it (put ignition on)

A LIGHT ON THE DASHBOARD WILL LIGHT UP AND THEN SWITCH OFF

READ THE MANUAL

this is called light bulb check

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yep as antavi said, look for the light; switch on the ignition and look in the lower black section of the rev counter, a few lights will come on and go out a few seconds later, look out for an orange one of a skidding car, if that lights up then you have it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
sorry re my post, did not know the dash light was only on 4x4. that was my first ever post on a forum and it was wrong, oh well. does anyone know how the odometer works?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was driving up the a9 last weekend in a blizzard and could feel a very cold drought through the drivers door , no water came in though. The blizzard was coming from that direction. Why should that happen?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
I was driving up the a9 last weekend in a blizzard and could feel a very cold drought through the drivers door , no water came in though. The blizzard was coming from that direction. Why should that happen?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app
Just search for "draughty" on the forum Sef! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts