UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this question has already been answered, just new to the forum. Can anyone confirm that there is no button for ESP on the 2x4 models? We recently collected our Duster and when I asked how to switch on/off the ESP I was told on the 2x4 models it is constantly on. I asked for some type of documentation to prove this but there doesn't seem to be any and all the documentation that comes with the vehicle makes reference to the "button" below the fan/heater controls. Thanks

·
Registered
560 Posts
Welcome to the forum Duster. My understanding of the ESP option was that there was a button to turn it on/off. If that button does not exist I would suggest you car does not have ESP.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry if this question has already been answered, just new to the forum. Can anyone confirm that there is no button for ESP on the 2x4 models? We recently collected our Duster and when I asked how to switch on/off the ESP I was told on the 2x4 models it is constantly on. I asked for some type of documentation to prove this but there doesn't seem to be any and all the documentation that comes with the vehicle makes reference to the "button" below the fan/heater controls. Thanks
Hi Dusted,

yes I can confirm that this is the case for the 2x4 models, as my 2x4 Laureate has ESC and has no button. I asked exactly the same question to my dealer and got the same answer as you.

Reactions: skrich

·
Registered
25 Posts
Also, you'll note that when you turn the engine on, the ESC light briefly comes on, on the mileometer...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the very prompt responses, that has eased my concerns as I was slightly worried I was getting fobbed off by the dealer! I had noticed the light on the dash but just found the lack of an actual button a bit disconcerting.

·
Registered
535 Posts
From what I've seen the ESP button is only on the 4WD version, because, on very difficult road conditions, mainly when in Lock mode and on ice (i think) is advised that the ESP is switched off. Soo it's only needed on the 4WD version, maybe that's why it isn't on the 4x2.

·
Registered
560 Posts
ionutzzz that explains why I thought it only has it if there is a switch - thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts