UK Dacia Forum banner

Essex Owners?

7K views 47 replies 21 participants last post by  clarkie1978 
#1 ·
Just wondered how many owners there are on here from Essex particularly the South of Essex, and if anyone has set up a social meeting yet?

#20 ·
If its the one with black alloys yes its mine.
The plastic side protection strips were easy as they are from the Sandero saloon and have double sided tape already fitted.
I used masking tape to line things up but you have to line each piece up carefully but once touching the door its stuck.
I think they were on ebay or Renault Store.
I wilk look it up and get in touch. I also modified two EU smoke black side repeaters to keep the Blue/Black theme.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

#24 ·
hi CR..
car looks good...like the chunky tyres on the 4x4 i think they look favulous and rugged and wud love some on george for the winters up here..:wub: in case i get 3 ft of snow again.....
following on from previous discussions on here about "winter tyres" ... is it just the tyre tread you have adjusted ?
if the tyres are physically bigger...width/depth...have you adjusted and had the speedo re-callibrated so its still accurately telling u how fast ur going....and so the computer can do all its mpg sums for you etc?!

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi the tyres are 225 70 16 so 5.3% larger in width and height. They are the biggest you can fit under the wheel arches without a suspension lift. They just make it by a couple of mils. In fact I have trimmed the bottom part of the mud flap inner shield to stop rubbing. It changes the gearing a bit so needs a bit more revs to pull away in second and will need a slightly later change up by a couple of hundred revs. I used to change into 4th at 25mph now I do it at 30.
Ref speedo. All cars sold in the UK have a 6% speedo overead as normal for various reasons to allow for tyres changes and wheel sizes and and so they can't be sued for errors. This is why the speed on your sat navigation always reads a bit lower that speedo speed. Sat navigation is usually right. These tyres are 5.3% bigger so now the speedo reads exactly what the sat navigation says so is absolutely correct. I have not done a complete tank on those tyres yet so yet to see how much it throws the computer out on mpg or if there is a drop in mpg of much.
I would expect a drop of 1-2 mpg as the tyre are heavier and wider giving more friction on the ground.

#26 ·
I changed tyre because I do take it off road and on muddy tracks and grassy lanes and the old tyres can spin a bit in those conditions although I have never got stuck I wanted more confidence before the winter. It also gives me 3/4 of an inch additional clearance underneath so I don't catch anything on rutted lanes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.