UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Romford, Essex.
Brand new to the forum.
Hopefully expecting delivery of my Duster in early March a tad sooner than told, however having read some of the threads expect this might change. This forum is excellent and has been really informative. It has raised a few worries concerning quality control, rust issues, but I'm hoping that I havn't ordered a rogue vehicle or bought into a vehicle with a range of after sale problems. I love the look of the Duster and really want it to be a good vehicle. Will continue to monitor all the issues raised and hope that all the Duster owners and expectant owners can resolve the problems and enjoy their vehicles. A forum like this is a good way of bringing pressure to resolve problems as I'm sure Renault/Dacia.would rather have positives posted on any owners site.
Anyway, I really enjoy reading the posts and it's great to have so many people to share your like of a particular vehicle.
Posted this in new forum member, so apologies for duplication.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi Beagle and welcome.

I am also a new forum member and I am in exactly the same position as yourself. My Duster is due beginning of March and has been on order since November.

Like yourself I am a little worried about the quality control but in particular the repeated reporting of rust on brand new and vehicles that are only months old.

I have had, over the years, various brand new and relatively new vehicles and rust has never been an issue. My current vehicle is a 61 plate Peugeot and there is not a spot of rust anywhere and neither should there be.

I am beginning to have serious doubts about completing the purchase of a vehicle that appears to come with a built in rust issue. It is a shame because I like the looks and it drives great.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Hi Beagle - pretty new here myself, and unfortunately I find my only input here to be complaints, and research on all the other issues that people are having. Saw you're from Romford - I'm in Grays though working in Hornchurch - guess your local dealer will be Renault Romford, which is where I've had to go.

I bought my car actually from Lookers in Chester, but have had to resort to Renault Romford for warranty work - don't know if that's had a bearing on anything, but it has taken a lot of effort with them to get things moving. Dacia CS was the only real route, and whilst things were progressing well it has pretty much halted at the moment.

I really really want to say owning my Duster has been a fantastic experience, but it hasn't been so far. I mean, if all of the imperfections hadn't been there I know I would have been absolutely over the moon with the car; the things wrong with it, from delivery, have really dented the enjoyment of it though. I know there are people out there that have a very satisfactory ownership and love their cars - I do too, during the moments you forget about the issues it's great, but the problems I have are unacceptable.

Chris.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Derrick,
Thanks for the response. I actually called my dealer 10minutes ago and raised my concerns. He assures me that they should go through a number of quality control checks and inspections which included bad weld points, rust and paint work. So before I drive it away I will do my own checks and have told him that if I find anything I am not happy with it will not be leaving the dealership. He seemed happy that all would be okay, but I guess his not going to do otherwise at this time. Like yourself only ever had cars from new in recent years, mainly Ford C-Max and have never thought to check, so some might have rust in unseen areas, but never an electrical or mechanical issue, so this has caused some concern. Although a number of vehicles are now manufactured in India without problem, including other Renault models, I'm hoping that surely any responsible vehicle brand would have controls in place to identify issues, otherwise it must be a costly exercise long term and can effectively put them out of the Market. Have pinned all my hopes on the fact that the posts with problems are few and will hopefully be corrected to the satisfaction of those effected as I love the look of the Dusters and can imagine how they must feel.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Brand new to the forum.
Hopefully expecting delivery of my Duster in early March a tad sooner than told, however having read some of the threads expect this might change. This forum is excellent and has been really informative. It has raised a few worries concerning quality control, rust issues, but I'm hoping that I havn't ordered a rogue vehicle or bought into a vehicle with a range of after sale problems. I love the look of the Duster and really want it to be a good vehicle. Will continue to monitor all the issues raised and hope that all the Duster owners and expectant owners can resolve the problems and enjoy their vehicles. A forum like this is a good way of bringing pressure to resolve problems as I'm sure Renault/Dacia.would rather have positives posted on any owners site.
Anyway, I really enjoy reading the posts and it's great to have so many people to share your like of a particular vehicle.
Posted this in new forum member, so apologies for duplication.
I've had my 4x4 Laureate for almost a year and it has been absolutely faultless and has covered over 9000 miles, I'm sure that the dealers are now fully aware of all the initial problems and your new car will be fully checked before you get it. Its a fabulous car, and I'm sure you are going to love it. ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Duster, thank you for that, really appreciated. I expect to collect about mid March and really looking forward to getting out in it.
And I'm sure as you say the Dealerships will do what they can to avert issues that may effect what is a stunning looking vehicle.
Thanks once again for your comments. Role on March!.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Beagle.

How did you get on?

We are hoping to collect our Laureate 4 x 2 this week from Renault Romford.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi qublai

My Duster is nine weeks old, found my first rust last week. Don't do what I did and ignore sound advice from a forum member, cancel it and save your money.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Although I didn't purchase through Renault Romford, they are my local dealer and currently my 6 month old duster is with them at their body-shop in Orpington for... um... rust repairs. I can't say much about them so far - all the same as other dealers I guess - you go through the usual process of being told you're wrong about something right up to the point where you actually have drag one of their "master technicians" out to the car, show them it, and then you get "oh that... we've had a few like that... yeah it's not right" and then things start moving.

What I will say is that their a dealership in Orpington has a brand new Silver Duster in their showroom with rust on the child-lock area on the rear doors - I couldn't check anywhere else unfortunately. I posted a pic previously.

If you're that serious about a duster - and I love mine, they would be great if it weren't for the rust issues - please please please check the car thoroughly before you accept it. Take a look at the rusty duster thread and check over all of the places that are mentioned there. If there is anything, just walk away.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I checked my Duster thoroughly on collection and Dacia and the dealer both said it would be thoroughly P DI'd. Most rust comes latter 8 weeks, 6 months, at first service etc. The point is they have rust and are not worth the worry. Looks fabulous my car does but I wish I had never seen it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks guys. Appreciate your comments.

I have read nearly every thread on the forum and am well versed in the issue of potential rust.

I think we have decided to have a thorough going over prior to acceptance.

We really like the Duster and fingers crossed there are no issues.

·
Registered
252 Posts
qublai I felt exactly the same as you. I bought with my heart not my head. Believe me all Dusters either have or will have short and long term rust issues. I WASTED MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quick update.

Cancelled my order. Will be compiling a detailed email to the dealer as they claim there are no known rust issues. This was apparently confirmed by Dacia CS.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I am sorry you have had to do that, but you have done the right thing. Someone or all of them are lying to you, I should have cancelled before I took delivery.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Quick update.

Cancelled my order. Will be compiling a detailed email to the dealer as they claim there are no known rust issues. This was apparently confirmed by Dacia CS.

A little bit of advice , have a look at the rusty Duster thread and take some times and dates from it and put them in your email . They can not deny that Dacia / Dacia agents were not aware then .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts