UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed exposed staples on carpet next door trims. I presume these should have been hidden under the door trims? (see photo):

DSCF3834_zps3d0a9143.jpg

Do you think I should speak to my dealer about this? Anybody else noticed the same on their car?

Graham

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Yes mine,too, only on passenger side. Was able to pull rubber seal over the staples, will check in a little while to see if they have retracted again.

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
The seal has stayed in place Graham and no staples now visible. It's all hidden when I close the door anyway so am not at all worried about it. Don't like the middle seat belt arrangement in the back, having to lean right into the boot space to drag it over then plug it in twice, but maybe that is standard on cars of this size, only had 2 seats in the back of the Mini.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I think it's important that people report this back to their various dealers so they can make the factory aware and improve quality checking and/or change the design or way they do this to prevent the problem occurring.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have already started a thread about this elsewhere, but the quality from the India factory is not as good as the Romanian factory

This sort of stuff should not be happening as these staples are installed manually, and it certainly shouldnt get past QC.

I understand the cars are cheap, but that is not an excuse for poor construction.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Today I spotted the first Duster that I've seen in Suffolk. I thought it appropriate to post the news here............it was parked outside Staples ;)

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
Noticed exposed staples on carpet next door trims. I presume these should have been hidden under the door trims? (see photo):

DSCF3834_zps3d0a9143.jpg

Do you think I should speak to my dealer about this? Anybody else noticed the same on their car?

Graham
That door seal don't look too good either !

·
Registered
188 Posts

DSCF3834_zps3d0a9143.jpg

Graham
I have the same on the drivers side only Graham, would never have picked it up if you had not pointed it out though, i am not too bothered about them though.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My dealer got back to me today and advised that they would sort the problem. I'll probably be booking the car in for next week (also sorting my slightly quint rear number plate!).

Graham

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I finally got the problem fixed today.

Initially I emailed my dealer with an attached photo showing the problem, and got the car book in to get it made good. I got a call to say the car was ready and went to collect it but to my dismay they had only sorted the staples next to one door! "There was only the driver's door on the job ticket" the technician said!

Never mind, the car was booked in for the second time today, and all sorted to my satisfaction. They also filled the car up with diesel to reimburse my fuel cost, so fair play to my dealer.

Graham

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Today I spotted the first Duster that I've seen in Suffolk. I thought it appropriate to post the news here............it was parked outside Staples ;)
By the way I did NOT like the above post! :)

Graham

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Don't worry Skrich I loved it and immediately drove over to the local Staples (you know how I can't resist a challenge) but alas there were too many cars to get an adequate picture of the Duster and the Staples signage.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Don't worry Skrich I loved it and immediately drove over to the local Staples (you know how I can't resist a challenge) but alas there were too many cars to get an adequate picture of the Duster and the Staples signage.
:D We really have to watch what we say with your competitive streak! With the recent posts about water ingress it's a good job you're nowhere near Leek.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
:D We really have to watch what we say with your competitive streak! With the recent posts about water ingress it's a good job you're nowhere near Leek.
Maud, no. Really, it's too far. Forget I said anything!!

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Hmm, Google Maps says Norwich to Leek 202 miles. If I set off now I can get there by 3 in the morning. But it will be too dark for a photo. I know I will put the lights on - nah, already did that photo.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I finally got the problem fixed today.

Initially I emailed my dealer with an attached photo showing the problem, and got the car book in to get it made good. I got a call to say the car was ready and went to collect it but to my dismay they had only sorted the staples next to one door! "There was only the driver's door on the job ticket" the technician said!

Never mind, the car was booked in for the second time today, and all sorted to my satisfaction. They also filled the car up with diesel to reimburse my fuel cost, so fair play to my dealer.

Graham
This is a moajor failing with the service industry in general... the mindset of many seems to be stuck in years gone by... the jobs worth... Ooo no, if its not on the job sheet it dont get done... okay I understand thatto a point.. but hey use your initiative... let the grey matter kick in now and again... what the brain of that mechanic should have said to him was... hmmm while the car is here best I check the carpet in the other door footwells see if thsy have the same problem... and if they do I can alert my manager who will update the time on my jobsheet I can fix and we will have a hapoy customer... now, either he is a jobs worth and only sticks ti whats on his sheet and never ever challenges anything, cause that not his job. And i grew up with loads of tjose kinds of mindset. Or, maybe he did challenge and was told dont worry he didnt ask for tha to get done.. if he notices it we will book it in agsin.. you have lots to do anyway.... which ever option or route they chose... the end result is the same... tje customer (the important one in all of this) is left feeling that they do nir matter... Service sector pleaese wake up... and dont grumble if you work gets outsourced ti someone who will do it hetter and cheaper!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts