UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm thinking of getting the extended warranty to have 5 years of cover. At £400, it's not too bad, but it is only 2 extra years. Are there any companies that provide it cheaper? Like Chris Knott provide GAP cover for around £80, which I'm going to take out when I see if they can beat my insurance renewal quote next week. So far, the cheapest is just under £800. Quite a lot of money.

Thank you

T

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Call me cynical if you like, but if they are prepared to give up to 7 year warranty with the only conditions that you carry out the servicing as per schedule, it must be good for it or they woudn't offer it. They don't want to loose any money !

The way I feel is that if is going to give any trouble, it will happen within the first year IMO !

Remember it dosn't cover wear and tear, so they are not covering that much ! :(

As you can possibly tell, I haven't taken it !! ;)

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
A few years ago I bought a 3 year old VW Passat (56 Plate) and up until that point I had never bought an extended warranty but as the cost wasn't much more I opted for it. 10 months later an injector failed at a cost of £1200, 4 weeks later another, another 4 weeks another and then 3 later the final one, then the handbrake switch failed, then the exhaust temp sensor.........all in all £5000 worth of warranty claims, all honoured with no fuss at all.

Since then I have always bought warranty on a car, if you buy it and don't use it great - personal experience for me means I'd rather have it and not take the chance.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm, thank you. I think I'll leave it, as when I trade it back in to the dealer, they'll give the next buyer a 1 year warranty, so me having 5 years would be of no resale benefit. I'm planning on changing after 42 months rather than the 48, and get myself a nice 67 plate or something. Not too sure yet, I suppose it depends what my finances look like.

Thank you both

1 - 6 of 6 Posts