UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been on the phone to my dealer today and it looks like the heated seats are definitely deleted and he says there is no guarantee that the rest of the spec will remain! On looking at the UK site tonight there is now no Extreme version of the Duster with the only models being listed going by the following versions: Essential, Expression & Journey and none of these look as good as the Extreme. There is also no option for black alloy wheels so you are left with the diamond cut option which in my opinion should only be used indoors! Why have Dacia chosen to discontinue the Extreme version so soon (literally within 2 months of launch) Mine is half cancelled as I am a bit worried to keep the order in just in case I am left with the equivalent of a Comfort version. There are various Dacia dealers still advertising the Extreme but I don't know if what they are advertising is what you will get. GUTTED! :mad:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Unless the dealer advises you and gets your acceptance of any spec changes then you should get exactly what you ordered, otherwise they are in breach of contract. At least that is my understanding of English contract law.
I know the brochures all say that the spec can change etc but your contract is with the dealer and not the manufacturer.
If you do continue with the order then you need to check the car very carefully at the dealership and refuse to accept it if it isn't what you ordered. Once you have driven it off of the forecourt rejection becomes more difficult.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you car had been allocated a build number you should be fine and built to the old branding.I noticed the heated seat has been removed along with the wireless phone connection. Also no longer in red

·
Registered
92 Posts
As of 18th June, tomorrow any vehicle ordered will be with the new front grill and for the Duster the new interior so they may well be cutting down on making parts which will only be used for the remainder of this year. After that point they will only provide old items as spare parts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just had a quick look on the configurator and it looks like the LPG option is no longer available as well.

Looking at the 'Journey' model which seems to be a replacement for the 'prestige' model the sat nav now only has wired carplay and not wireless along with the removal of heated seats. Folding mirrors are now included though which were not previously.

I'm really surprised the 'Extreme' model has been dropped though, what was the point of launching it only to delete 5 minutes later! Does anybody know if any have actually been delivered to UK customers?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just had a quick look on the configurator and it looks like the LPG option is no longer available as well.

Looking at the 'Journey' model which seems to be a replacement for the 'prestige' model the sat nav now only has wired carplay and not wireless along with the removal of heated seats. Folding mirrors are now included though which were not previously.

I'm really surprised the 'Extreme' model has been dropped though, what was the point of launching it only to delete 5 minutes later! Does anybody know if any have actually been delivered to UK customers?
auto folding door mirrors is a nice touch. They had to give something new, to justify the price rise. otherwise they remove wireless carplay and heated seats, black wheels whilst increasing the price. Seem to have also added hill start assist which wasn't on the Prestige.

I've head LPG is temporally on hold whilst issues with the supply chain getting LPG fitted.
4x4 isnt available either but would suspect it must come back as the website show the updated interior with the 4x4 dial.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was told the wireless auto and carplay had been deleted on mine but that wasn’t an issue. I don’t think Dacia have done themselves any favours cancelling the Extreme as in my eyes it looks absolutely brilliant.

·
Registered
310 Posts
As of 18th June, tomorrow any vehicle ordered will be with the new front grill and for the Duster the new interior so they may well be cutting down on making parts which will only be used for the remainder of this year. After that point they will only provide old items as spare parts.
Nope, they are running parallel currently also Extreme SE is still available to order and heated seats haven't been removed from either the Prestige or Extreme SE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts