UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone taken delivery of a facelift duster access 4x4?

If so please can you confirm:

1. Is it fitted with a locking fuel cap?

2. Does the gear lever have a black or chrome insert?

3. Is there prewiring behind the blanking plate for a glovebox light to be retrofitted?

4. How sturdy is the spare wheel/boot floor? It looks to be like flimsy polystyrene and not suitable for heavy loads (please correct me if I'm wrong)

TIA...

·
Registered
985 Posts
The floor on mine is plywood and rests on the wheel. It will take a lot of weight. The rest is access specific so I can't help with that sorry.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
the 4x4 boot is the same on phase 1/phase 2...
the spare sits inside the car on top of the car floor...held in place with a huge wing nut
around it is a polystyrene cupboard affair for storage but u can lift it out...its not fixed
then on top of that is the "boot floor" made of wood but covered in black carpetty stuff both sides and with a bend in the middle for ease of access to the spare underneath...
for heavy loads id get a boot liner especially if the loads are mucky

i know macnamara's st bernard...whose name is macnamara fits in the back of george....and he weighs 85 kilos or something !!!!!!

hope this helps :D :lol: :D

but to be certain id go to the dealer and ask to see one....

the polystyrene floor u describe sounds like the boot liner not the actual floor

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
73 Posts
Has anyone taken delivery of a facelift duster access 4x4?
If so please can you confirm:
1. Is it fitted with a locking fuel cap?
2. Does the gear lever have a black or chrome insert?
3. Is there prewiring behind the blanking plate for a glovebox light to be retrofitted?
4. How sturdy is the spare wheel/boot floor? It looks to be like flimsy polystyrene and not suitable for heavy loads (please correct me if I'm wrong)
TIA...
Got our white petrol access last Saturday.
NO PETROL LOCKING CAP. COVER OPENS REGARDLESS OF THE CARS STATE AND THE CAP UNSCREWS GULP!!!!
Silver insert on the gear lever. Looks smart imo.
3) don't know
Boot floor is strong plywood type board very happy with its build quality too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Serious ,it's is just a plastic affair. Wife whose car it is was a bit shocked and we may well buy a locking cap!however I did say in these days of plastic tanks the s,,,, who steal petrol wouldn't check. Just bang a hole in the underside of the tank and take what they want!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Sorry Geraint not on our new access. It is free to open no keys by anyone!
Not ideal, I'll grant you, but should be a relatively cheap accessory. It probably has something inside the neck that would prevent a pipe being inserted for the purpose of siphoning - most modern motors have something of the sort.

·
Registered
288 Posts
All modern cars are anti-syphon but that doesnt stop someone adding something to your tank - sugar anyone? Buy a locking one; it'll be worth it for around a tenner

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I went to fill up with fuel the other morning and could not get the fuel cap off because the lock was frozen. I eventually got it open with the aid of some WD40, but there would have been no such problem with a non-locking cap!

Graham

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yep we won't bother. If they want to Nick your fuel they crawl under it and bang a hole in it. Easier than siphoning esp on the raised body of the duster. Crims will always find a way!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Yep we won't bother. If they want to Nick your fuel they crawl under it and bang a hole in it. Easier than siphoning esp on the raised body of the duster. Crims will always find a way!
around the industrial estate im on hull they just knock the cap off anyway, regardless of what vehicle it is causing more damage so it's probably best just to let them unscrew it minus the tank and bodywork damage!
around here it's generally diesel that gets swiped, not sure about anywhere else though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts