UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just taken delivery of a 2022 1.5 dci Duster Prestige model.
It unexpectedly came with side steps/running boards, as it was a cancelled order and the previous customer had ordered them. (free bonus and they look great)

Has anyone fitted genuine Dacia mud flaps with the side steps/running board option ?

Looking at the mud flaps on flee bay they are moulded and Im not sure if the side steps/running boards might stop them being a flush fit.

Thanks.

Steve..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Free sidesteps!!! you jammy git, i just sheled out 150 for a pair, not that bad i suppose compared to dacia priced accessories, I also landed a cancelled customer order, the 1.3 duster prestige, no steps but scooped a free full size spare!
isnt it great being lucky!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Received today, sticking on a few pics. Fitting instructions dont look great, minimum amount of tools needed,13mm and 17mm sockets/spanners. Looks like need to cut a small piece of the plastic undertray so a sharp blade as well.
I'm painting the brackets with a coating of black hammerite purely because i want them black, not for any added protection as looks like they're galvanised anyway.
ill stick on a few more when fitted.
Shelving Rectangle Kitchen Line Wall
Wood Floor Flooring Automotive design Space
Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Font
Motor vehicle Vehicle Crankset Font Automotive design
Cabinetry Wood Tap Countertop Plumbing fixture
Font Space Triangle Publication Pattern

·
Registered
Dacia Duster 2018 1.5 diesel 115 addblue and a 2013 Sandero 1.5 dci Ambience
78 Posts
They look much stronger than the ones ive seen on youtube which had 3 dodgey looking clamps to clamp them to the cars sill, it didnt look like you could put any weight on them, those look much better.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow they look pretty simple to fit. yes instructions are a bit lacking, but Im trying to decide if I can fit steps myself or need to get a garage to do the job. Let us know how you get on Richard

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wow they look pretty simple to fit. yes instructions are a bit lacking, but Im trying to decide if I can fit steps myself or need to get a garage to do the job. Let us know how you get on Richard
yes please? and the contact details for the supplier would be handy please.
Im 6ft 3 inches tall but I like the seat high in the Duster which means I cant reach the ground when I try to step out of the car, also I cannot feel my legs below my knees because of nerve damage so getting in/out of the car can be a bit tricky for me and some good strong running boards would be just the ticket. and yes the DVLA know all about it I have a 3 year restricted license and have to have a medical every 3 years when I reapply for my license to be extended I have fitted a cctv camera under the steering column, lighting in the foot well and a 7 inch screen on the dash so I can at a glance know where my feet are. an automatic wouldn't help it still has two pedals and if you hit both pedals at the same time whilst driving an auto you can destroy the gearbox.

·
Registered
18 Posts
steps on today. forget about "no drilling fitting" and "fitting is a 50 minute job" as i had read on other posts. that may be true for older models but even looking at the turkish guy fitting these on you tube, the underside of the car is totally different.

·
Registered
18 Posts
yes please? and the contact details for the supplier would be handy please.
Im 6ft 3 inches tall but I like the seat high in the Duster which means I cant reach the ground when I try to step out of the car, also I cannot feel my legs below my knees because of nerve damage so getting in/out of the car can be a bit tricky for me and some good strong running boards would be just the ticket. and yes the DVLA know all about it I have a 3 year restricted license and have to have a medical every 3 years when I reapply for my license to be extended I have fitted a cctv camera under the steering column, lighting in the foot well and a 7 inch screen on the dash so I can at a glance know where my feet are. an automatic wouldn't help it still has two pedals and if you hit both pedals at the same time whilst driving an auto you can destroy the gearbox.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks for the link Richard, much appreciated, im not to sure all that cutting is completely necessary a simple slot in the plastic leading to the bolt from the outside edges of the undertray would suffice and then the running board bolts could be loosened so that the undertray could be slid out from behind them, plenty of copper grease on the threads would ensure that they can be undone in the future to release the under tray, not being left with an unsupported botched undertray. those plastic trays are very expensive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the input Mr O, much appreciated.
The location of the rear tray makes that impossible, as the large square hole that the rear bracket bolt uses, is the main support for the small rear cover and they both can't use the same hole. :unsure:
I can't quite visualise what part of the tray would allow a small slot to be cut to let the bracket be slid through.
I get what you mean and it sounds ideal, but look at the the angled parts on the bracket and these would not allow it to slide through a slot.
I could be missing something that's staring me in the face (a regular occurrence the older i get) but I just cant quite the picture you're painting for me. Can you draw?! I'm more a visual person than linguistic!😁

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks for the input Mr O, much appreciated.
The location of the rear tray makes that impossible, as the large square hole that the rear bracket bolt uses, is the main support for the small rear cover and they both can't use the same hole. :unsure:
I can't quite visualise what part of the tray would allow a small slot to be cut to let the bracket be slid through.
I get what you mean and it sounds ideal, but look at the the angled parts on the bracket and these would not allow it to slide through a slot.
I could be missing something that's staring me in the face (a regular occurrence the older i get) but I just cant quite the picture you're painting for me. Can you draw?! I'm more a visual person than linguistic!😁
sorry I didnt explain it very well, I meant cutting slots in the undertray from the bolt centres to the outside edge to allow the undertray to be slotted in behind the metal brackets.

·
Registered
18 Posts
ah now that I can visualise. 👍 That would be a very tidy solution but I'm not sure which side of the undertray you could slot and still be able to slide it in under the sidestep bracket. If I'm getting you right though that brings up the issue of the bracket being seated on the plastic cover and for me that was a no-no. Metal fastened against metal is a much more solid connection, I think when you start tightening the bolts the plastic could possibly start to deform.
But if the OP Fusemender gets a chance I would love to be able to see under his car to see the factory fitted solution.
now there's a bloody thought! wish I had asked that a few days ago!!!! :rolleyes:
"STEP" up Fusemender!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Theres this post from another forum I'm on and seems someone else doing their own had same issue with the rear covers.
He was lucky enough to have the thinner front cover which didn't go over any of the inner bolt holes so didn't have that problem.
apologies if posting from another forum is a no-no.
I find that each forum has things that the other doesn't so I go on both.

·
Registered
78 Posts
if he is any better at posting photos than I am without going to school for a week to learn the art that is, I can build computers any fool can do that I just dont know how software works:LOL::LOL::LOL:

PS Ive been a member of the French Car Forum since 2008 whilst studying and owning Citroens, I have been citroen-less for 3 days but I cant bring myself to leave for good in case some good info transpires on a Renault blog one day.
A plastic Citroen C5 mk2 front undertray once cost me £385 mains stealers only no aftermarket one would fit the car. considering the fuel savings it was well worth the price. I wonder if upgrading to a metal undertray for the Duster would help in the mounting of the brackets???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts