UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just some personal thoughts as to why I am selling this on after only a few months use:-

Better ergonomics on the interior would improve the driving. I found the seats uncomfortable and a bit hard for journeys longer than 20 minutes or so. They lack depth and thigh support and I started to have back ache in places I never had before in other cars. Tried a seat and back support but then the seats are really not deep enough to take this so took the cushion back to Halfords.

Could do with a clutch foot rest and electric window controls on a drivers door binnacle

The red line on the heater controls is difficult to see in subdued light so perhaps they could change the colour to white and also the speedo and rev counter needles are sometimes a bit difficult to see in subdued light. Could be changed to white as well

An arm rest not interfering with the hand brake would be useful. Could be incorporated into the side of the front seats as with other cars

Disappointed with the wheels as I thought these would be alloys as the salesman said they would be - numerous debates on here about these

Would you believe some surface rust on the underside of the boot lid

Generally not a bad car but some refinements would make it a whole lot better and I feel sure buyers would pay a little extra for these. Maybe when a face lift comes out the improvements will be added

Please understand these are only personal views but feel free to comment

·
Registered
218 Posts
Sorry to hear. Im 6'4 and sure, the seat could be deeper and provide more rest for your legs. Havent drove any long journeys yet. What are you getting instad?

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
My own gripe with the seats are lateral support, being of the larger build I feel a little slidy in the seat sometimes and side support would help. Shame your selling, be intrigued to know what your getting instead.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Not had problems with the seat personally and I've literally driven from as near as damn from tip to toe of the country, lumber support would have been nice but not had a problem without it. It's a personal thing, it a good little car and for me it does a job. If I was honest I'd have preferred the Duster but my own circumstances prevented that.

Good luck with the new purchase fella!

·
Registered
182 Posts
buying a car is an emotional thing,you think you've made all the right decisions for all the right reasons,but at the end of the day you say 'i want it''and then you find that its sometimes not for you.

a test drives all very well,but living with it is a different kettle of fish.

however bitting the bullet and admitting you got it wrong and then swollowing the finanicial loose is a lesson hard learnt.

but its a greater thing to do and well done for that

learn the lessons,hope you enjoy the next one better[dacia's need to be acceped for what they are or are'nt]

OH and don't blog when you've had to much merlot!,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts