UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paid for my Duster today; it's at the dealers waiting to be valeted etc. It's looking good in white with the Adventurer pack and I can have it Wednesday evening...
... if it can be taxed by then
... which requires it be insured
... so I called my insurance company, who are having technical details and their systems are down and they asked me to call back at 12.00
... when they asked me to call back at 2.00
... when they asked me to call back "some time after 3.00"
... so I thought I'd do an internet search for comparative quotes in the meantime
...the first 2 well-known sites did not recognise my registration, nor allow me to even input Dacia!
... nor did the 3rd!
... I found the Tesco site will quote me without a current registration (yes it didn't recognise mine)
... and it even had Dacia in it's drop down list
... but then the site crashed 3X after entering Dacia...

Aaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's all.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I feel your pain Mudder! I'm not expecting my Duster until into April now, so I'm hoping that 'the Duster' will have gained something more of a profile with insurers by then. In the meantime you guys that already have (or are just about to get) your Dusters are paving the way for the rest of us ... and having to endure the frustration with insurance companies. There is a 'Duster Insurance' topic on the forum ... I suspect it will be attracting a lot more posts as the delivery pace hots up

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got a quote from compare the market - no reg required and Dusters are in the list

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - just gone on to that site again and got a quote this time - maybe I just tried inputting my reg last time (?), which is did not recognise as it was too new.. Anyway the cheapest is not much more than my current Citroen Picasso. Esure, who I am currently with never did get their system back on line today, so I'll try them tomorrow and see if they will beat the quote I have had and if not, make the switch.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried Onequote Direct, who someone else recommended but it was almost twice as expensive as the best on Compare the Market.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Muddier the quote I had for a 4x4 Laurette was cheaper than I currently pay for my 2002 Picsso.

4x4 Laurette in Mariana Blue with Protection & Styling Packs. Only 2 weeks next Friday, what chance eh?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Oh I see, I have a Xsara Picasso 2.0Hdi. I just hope my Duster, when it arrives, is as reliable.

4x4 Laurette in Mariana Blue with Protection & Styling Packs. Only 2 weeks next Friday, what chance eh?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts