UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I'm in a bit of a pickle here. My amber multifunction light has come on, together with code P0226 - Throttle Position Sensor C Circuit Range/Performance.

I'm a looong way from home and in no position to get it fixed where I am. Can anyone assure me that this is ok to drive with, until I get a garage appointment.
Would really appreciate swift answer.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It may limp home. It is safe to drive.
There is a problem with signal between throttle and the ecu. Got mice? Forded deep water? The wiring needs checking between throttle module and ecu for damage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. Thanks. A local garage told me they would routinely replace the whole throttle, pedal and all. Are you saying this might well be a temporary problem caused by water?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ok. Thanks. A local garage told me they would routinely replace the whole throttle, pedal and all. Are you saying this might well be a temporary problem caused by water?
It is possible. Google the code, I did. Part of the solution was to inspect for wiring damage, connector damage and ingress of water.
To many so called technicians replace associated parts automatically but if it was damaged wiring the fault would not be cured despite the new parts.
Usually under those circumstances the bull s**t starts flying around and the victim pays for parts they didn't need!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts