UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Duster Access in April. Within 2 weeks the Toxic Fume Filter System Warning Light went on. The Dealer said it was a blip and reset it.

A few weeks later it was on again. The dealer told me the Catalytic Converter was faulty and needed replacing.

The current due date for the part is 31/12/2013!

The Dealer say there is nothing that they can do because it is on "back-order".

Renault say there are none in UK or France and they will not look in other countries. They have put my back-order on some sort of priority list but cannot say when the part will be available and cannot say when they will be able to say!

Renault will not replace the car or consider any other action until the "priority procedure" has been completed, but they have no idea when that will be.

Are all spares so scarce and do Renault/Dacia routinely fail to fix or replace faulty new cars?

It seems they either can't or won't get my brand new car fixed in any reasonable timeframe, it is hard to decide which would put them in a worse light.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Mass,

get them to check the EGR valve. I had exactly the same problem with my Duster. The EGR valve had gone, so they replaced it and they had to reprogram the system. Now everything works fine.

Cheers,

Graf.

Reactions: Peter31

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi there Mass
I am very sorry and concerned to read of your problem.

You may wish to read my own thread " a very ill Duster " under the general Duster main thread. Ie not area specific.

There are some similarities here in our problems. You may wish to PM me through my profile page for a chat.

Peter

Reactions: Mass

·
Registered
324 Posts
I think if they are seriously suggesting you wait several months for a fix that you should really consider rejecting the car.

UK is going to be bottom of the parts list, same parts are used in India, and that is a much bigger market. They are struggling to fill orders so spares will continue to be in short supply.

Normally that wouldn't be an issue with a brand new car...but it is for anyone who has a problem!

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
I got my Duster Access in April. Within 2 weeks the Toxic Fume Filter System Warning Light went on. The Dealer said it was a blip and reset it.

A few weeks later it was on again. The dealer told me the Catalytic Converter was faulty and needed replacing.

The current due date for the part is 31/12/2013!

The Dealer say there is nothing that they can do because it is on "back-order".

Renault say there are none in UK or France and they will not look in other countries. They have put my back-order on some sort of priority list but cannot say when the part will be available and cannot say when they will be able to say!

Renault will not replace the car or consider any other action until the "priority procedure" has been completed, but they have no idea when that will be.

Are all spares so scarce and do Renault/Dacia routinely fail to fix or replace faulty new cars?

It seems they either can't or won't get my brand new car fixed in any reasonable timeframe, it is hard to decide which would put them in a worse light.
ur duster is petrol or diesel???????

the catalitic converter is on petrol engines

the dpf filter and egr valve is on diesel engines

pretty much they does the same thing about the co2 emissions but they are not the same thing

which is it ?????

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi there Mass
I am very sorry and concerned to read of your problem.

You may wish to read my own thread " a very ill Duster " under the general Duster main thread. Ie not area specific.

There are some similarities here in our problems. You may wish to PM me through my profile page for a chat.

Peter
Thanks and good luck with yours.

I think if they are seriously suggesting you wait several months for a fix that you should really consider rejecting the car.

UK is going to be bottom of the parts list, same parts are used in India, and that is a much bigger market. They are struggling to fill orders so spares will continue to be in short supply.

Normally that wouldn't be an issue with a brand new car...but it is for anyone who has a problem!
I think I will give them until Friday, and then reject the car. I would prefer a replacement, but I can't see one being available in the near future so I guess I would need to ask for my money back. I wonder if that would cause quibbles relating to such things as fabric protection and insurances taken out?

ur duster is petrol or diesel???????

the catalitic converter is on petrol engines

the dpf filter and egr valve is on diesel engines

pretty much they does the same thing about the co2 emissions but they are not the same thing

which is it ?????
It's petrol.

Surely this is a Renault or Nissan part? there should be an equivalent somewhere in the country?
If there is they are not owning up to it. They tell me that my only option is to wait until their next update at which time they will undoubtedly tell me that they have no idea when a part will be available and that my only option is to wait for another week. Rinse and repeat...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Dusterdly & Muttley had to have a new doorseal supplied . She posted that the packing appeared to indicate that it had been supplied from Chennai. So parts can be sourced from the factory ? See thread George is leaking or PM her. She is very helpful.

Regards

Peter

·
Registered
95 Posts
Surely this is a Renault or Nissan part? there should be an equivalent somewhere in the country?
I agree, there will be a Renault or Nissan equivalent.

The dealer is being lazy and/or they wont be able to claim from Dacia its a warranty job if they use the Renault/Nissan equivalent.

There will definatly be a copy part available, but again as its not from the Renault group, they wont entertain it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Thanks and good luck with yours.

I think I will give them until Friday, and then reject the car. I would prefer a replacement, but I can't see one being available in the near future so I guess I would need to ask for my money back. I wonder if that would cause quibbles relating to such things as fabric protection and insurances taken out?

It's petrol.

If there is they are not owning up to it. They tell me that my only option is to wait until their next update at which time they will undoubtedly tell me that they have no idea when a part will be available and that my only option is to wait for another week. Rinse and repeat...
Would be interesting to have an update.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quite a delay in giving an update as I have been out of the country.

The dealer has told me that the car can be driven with no issues with the faulty catalytic converter as it only marginally fails to meet the Dacia criteria and certainly exceeds any legal requirements. So that is what I have been doing. They assure me that this will cause no harm.

I have asked both the dealer and Dacia to confirm in writing that the car meets at least the necessary legal requirements so that I am covered. They have told me that I will need to take it back to the dealer (again) for an emissions test; Dacia will pay. So it will be tested tomorrow. Maybe I'm a bit cynical but I have to wonder if they were so sure, why another test is necessary before they will put it in writing.

As for the part, still no sign of it and not the slightest indication as to when it will be available (if ever).

I got the issue escalated to the Senior Customer Services Manager at Renault UK who hoped that he could use his position and influence to get the part, possibly via another channel - apparently not!

So I have got nowhere.

It would seem that there is nobody in the Dacia/Renault organisation who has both the authority and the inclination to arrange for the transfer of an inventory item from India to Europe. If Dacia/Renault care one hoot about their customers they would move the part needed to fix my car; the fact that they will not do so shows the indifference and contempt with which they view their customers.

Let's see if it really does pass tomorrow! I will let you know.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Take your point about the need for an emissions test if your dealer had previously been confident that level was OK . Would be very interested to learn the outcome . Presumably if it does fail then your dealer/Dacia will have to do something specific to assist you as your car will then be unroadworthy.
Really sorry to read that your problem remains unresolved.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It might be so they can give him a bit of paper with the proof on it?
Yes, that is exactly the purpose.

Anyway, they did an MOT emissions test and have given me a sheet with the results and a written statement that "this vehicle is roadworthy".

So, while I still want the cat to be replaced I now feel that I can drive the car without the risk of prosecution!

Progress at last.

Take your point about the need for an emissions test if your dealer had previously been confident that level was OK . Would be very interested to learn the outcome . Presumably if it does fail then your dealer/Dacia will have to do something specific to assist you as your car will then be unroadworthy.
Really sorry to read that your problem remains unresolved.
I had decided that I would reject the car if the emissions test was failed. That would have left me 30 miles away from home 30 miles away from work with no transport.

Would I recommend the purchase of one of these cars?

I would answer "If you feel lucky."

If you get one that is free of faults then you have got a lot of car for not much money. If however you get one that has a fault requiring a spare part then you are stuffed and Dacia/Renault will do nothing to help.

It turns out that I have been fairly lucky, in that the fault leaves the car driveable.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Sorry Mass but that's simply not true. Granted faults requiring parts have so far taken a long time to fix but they have been fixed, the idea that Renault Dacia will do nothing to help has not been born out in the cases we have seen here. Yes it takes longer than any of us would like but so far Dacia have not failed to fix a single problem that we've heard of.

I understand you being frustrated at the lack of progress but the replacement exhaust will arrive and you will have a fully working car again.

Reactions: antavi

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you get one that is free of faults then you have got a lot of car for not much money. If however you get one that has a fault requiring a spare part then you are stuffed and Dacia/Renault will do nothing to help.
Sorry Mass but that's simply not true.
Well, it may be an exaggeration, but only a slight exaggeration.

For the sake of accuracy I will add some words:

If however you get one that has a fault requiring a spare part then you are stuffed for the indefinite future, at the very least many months and Dacia/Renault will do nothing to help in any reasonable timeframe, other than add your name to a waiting list.

I have asked Dacia/Renault to take more action but have been told repeatedly that there is nothing they are able to do, other than make an entry on the list.

Still no ETA for the part, but since the car can be driven, I'm not in such a bad position.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well, it may be an exaggeration, but only a slight exaggeration.

For the sake of accuracy I will add some words:

If however you get one that has a fault requiring a spare part then you are stuffed for the indefinite future, at the very least many months and Dacia/Renault will do nothing to help in any reasonable timeframe, other than add your name to a waiting list.

I have asked Dacia/Renault to take more action but have been told repeatedly that there is nothing they are able to do, other than make an entry on the list.

Still no ETA for the part, but since the car can be driven, I'm not in such a bad position.

We knew exactly what you meant and in the circumstances you are entitled to exaggerate if you want..Most people wouldnt dream of pulling you up on that mate.

Your peeded off and rightly so,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Still no ETA, nor any indication as to when one might be expected.

When I first started this, a (fictitious) due date of 31/12/2013 seemed to be a ridiculously long time in the future; so long has passed that it does not seem so far away now!

I wonder if the date will become 31/12/2014 at the end of this year, or maybe they will just set it to the end of the decade.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.