UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 weeks after picking up my Stepway and after a bit of gentle persuasion ;) my dealer has finally supplied me with a full size spare wheel. Dealer initially tried to get away with supplying a 15 inch wheel with a larger tyre. Have now bee given a 16 inch 5 spoke steel wheel with a 205 55 R16 tyre. Not the same as the Michelin's on the Stepway but at least its full size :)

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Slightly old thread, but just been for test drive and asked whether the added extra of spare wheel is full or space saver, was told full wheel does not fit in so it is space saver, can you confirm full wheel fits nicely?

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Slightly old thread, but just been for test drive and asked whether the added extra of spare wheel is full or space saver, was told full wheel does not fit in so it is space saver, can you confirm full wheel fits nicely?
The rolling diameter of both 15" & 16" wheels is exactly the same, so both fit in the boot spare wheel 'well' ;) !

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can confirm that a full size 205/55 R16 tyre on a 16 inch 5 spoke steel wheel definitely fits in the wheel well comfortably. See my photo 3 above. Dealer was lying to you to get away with supplying an incorrect wheel and tyre. Your quite welcome to use my photos as evidence if they want to argue the case : )

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
My 205/55/16 spare wheel has been in place in boot for over 2yrs now no prob some dealers are rubbish
I had a full size spare delivered with my car without asking for it !!

From my link above, it appears that the majority of new cars haven't even got a space for one !! :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts