UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying a new Dacia car using the current finance 5 Yr warranty and £500 dealer contribution deal...

My question is, how soon can I pay the finance off without penalty and while still keeping the freebies? I'm assuming if I cancel within the 14 days I'll lose the freebies, so can I just pay off the remaining balance after the 1st month? To stop paying interest on the remaining payments?

Many thanks...

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I understand that u take car on finance u can pay of car anytime after purchase but read small print ( that wat iv been lead to believe anyway )

·
Registered
16 Posts
We've just order a Duster Laureate Prime with £750 contribution, you have to pay £99 to set up the finance, make 1 payment then cancel with no penalties. The payment you make includes approx £30 interest so for about £130 you should still save £620ish.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Its min 3 months...

By The time you pay the...
3 Months high rate interest charges.bought
The arrangement / acceptance fees
The option to buy fee....

So in reality you will still end up paying for the Discount and Extended warranty...
The salesperson will do everything they can to get you to take the car on finance, As they get a commission for the finance sale...

When I bought mine it worked out cheaper to buy it cash, then buy the extended warranty through My Dacia with a discount code.. You can get the warranty cheaper direct from Dacia up to I year after you buy the car.
Plus I had none of the crap of having to provide all my details to apply for a finance agreement, then having to wait for a acceptance to come through.... Then have to go through all the hassle of settling it 3 months later..

You do the maths

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Cash is always King on balance, but not everyone has the means to buy a car any other way than on finance, sadly.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I took the minimum amount on finance to get the warranty and discount. I payed it all off 6 weeks later (last month).

So I have to disagree with posts above, It is a good deal!

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I was told by my dealer you pay first months payment,then you can pay the rest off with no penalty.Still keeping the 5 year free warranty

·
Registered
30 Posts
I too did this with the duster prime I was told 3 months min so I will be asking to cancel after the 3rd payment is taken out of the bank
I still think I am quids in but not as much as I was let to believe by Bristol street motors

1 - 13 of 13 Posts