UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a test drive this afternoon and loved the car I must say, although the gear ratios in the 4x4 I drove were stupidly low (imo) salesman reckons the 4x2 ratios are better for normal use.

I found the drivers seat quite hard on the back and lumbar support didn't seem to be in a very good place for me. Do the seats soften up with use do you think?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
where about in the highlands are you i also live in the highlands my thinking was four wheel drive is only as good as the tyres on car i bought ambience 4x2 found gear ratio pretty good also think seat is very comfy

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Inversnechy :)

The salesman was very good in describing the effect of the low ratios and he was spot on, I thought it made pulling away in traffic more difficult than it needed to be, mind you I probably could have just started off in second most of the time.

I know I have no need of four wheel drive, the nearest thing any car of mine will get to 'offroad' is crossing the pavement to my driveway :lol: Many years ago I got stuck in snow on a farm track, the farmer kindly gave me a tow and we got talking, "I said maybe I should be a 4x4" but he reckoned don't do it, his tractor can't get anywhere a 4x4 can't so if you get stuck in one he'll never be able to get you out.

I wasn't even sure about traction/stability control but after reading here about the change in the law coming up I think it's a good idea to go for it just to make the Duster more saleable in a few years time.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think they've had a shuffle round, the showroom model is 4x2 Laureate in white now but they have a silver and a mariana blue outside. I was originally keen on the mariana blue but now that I've seen it (had to shine a torch onto it to see the blue flecks) I prefer the slate grey.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts