UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,I've had my Stepway a few weeks and I do like it a lot. I'm finding it hard to adapt to the clutch compared to my old heavy primera clutch. I find going from first to second the most problematic, I can't get a smooth change without a little judder unless I rev quite a lot. It seems to need more revs than I'm used to. Does this sound normal?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Well,I've had my Stepway a few weeks and I do like it a lot. I'm finding it hard to adapt to the clutch compared to my old heavy primera clutch. I find going from first to second the most problematic, I can't get a smooth change without a little judder unless I rev quite a lot. It seems to need more revs than I'm used to. Does this sound normal?
900 Tce I presume, sounds like a little bit of turbo lag, you need the revs to bring in the turbo, probably needs to run in a little longer. But what do I know, I'm driving a 1.2l. :D :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Indeed it's the tce, you could well be right, I've never driven a turbo before,hopefully ill get used to it soon!

·
Registered
279 Posts
As alfitz said above, just sounds like you are changing a little bit too early and causing a touch of turbo lag. You will get used to it.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
As alfitz said above, just sounds like you are changing a little bit too early and causing a touch of turbo lag. You will get used to it.
Keep your eyes on the little green gear change arrows, Change gear when indicated and you should have no problem.
I have the same engine as you and I don't have any issues when changing gear,

In saying that the car I put back a few weeks ago had some issues similar, also if you were crawling along in 1st gear at under 10 mpg it would shudder and feel like it was going to stall.

·
Registered
425 Posts
900 Tce I presume, sounds like a little bit of turbo lag, you need the revs to bring in the turbo, probably needs to run in a little longer. But what do I know, I'm driving a 1.2l. :D :D
The 1.2 16v D4F is a good little engine its been around for quite some time..you will either have the 722 or the 740 in your sandero..had the same 740 engine in my clio 3 and my lad has the 722 in his Proton Savvy..servicing will be pretty straight forward with that under your bonnet..I have the official clio repair manual in PDF if you want it..dont know if PM's are available on this site and I wont put that up because of copyright..ie renault can get rather naughty when their info is made public..

·
Registered
370 Posts
The 1.2 16v D4F is a good little engine its been around for quite some time..you will either have the 722 or the 740 in your sandero..had the same 740 engine in my clio 3 and my lad has the 722 in his Proton Savvy..servicing will be pretty straight forward with that under your bonnet..I have the official clio repair manual in PDF if you want it..dont know if PM's are available on this site and I wont put that up because of copyright..ie renault can get rather naughty when their info is made public..
Cheers Phil48, its the D4F 732 according to the blurb, not to bad now that its loosening up.

Also seems pretty frugal with the juice, waiting till I get over 1k on the clock before I start to look at MPG.

Its interesting that when you compare the data on the engines Dacia seems to have revised the mpg, 0-60 and top speeds down the way.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Cheers Phil48, its the D4F 732 according to the blurb, not to bad now that its loosening up.

Also seems pretty frugal with the juice, waiting till I get over 1k on the clock before I start to look at MPG.

Its interesting that when you compare the data on the engines Dacia seems to have revised the mpg, 0-60 and top speeds down the way.
Engine designation 732 is just the same engine as the others and is probably the 740 with a new number..does yours have the single accessory belt like the 740 or two belts like the 722..I notice on mine there is and electric power steering module with integrated oil container and ECU under the passengers side headlamp..well that is new I think ..my clio had electric power steering integrated into the steering column and my boys Savvy has a fluid power steering pump driven by one of the fan belts and a separate fluid oil container with a power steering switch built into one of the hoses....

·
Registered
370 Posts
Engine designation 732 is just the same engine as the others and is probably the 740 with a new number..does yours have the single accessory belt like the 740 or two belts like the 722..I notice on mine there is and electric power steering module with integrated oil container and ECU under the passengers side headlamp..well that is new I think ..my clio had electric power steering integrated into the steering column and my boys Savvy has a fluid power steering pump driven by one of the fan belts and a separate fluid oil container with a power steering switch built into one of the hoses....
Its the same arrangement as the savvy, so its probably a later revision of the 722.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stepway TCE90.
I have the same issues. I am an ex police driver and I have a problem changing gear or pulling away at low revs. My partner can't change gear without jerking. I need to slip the clutch.
My dealer says it is tubo lag due to a small 3 cylinder engine. This does not happen in my other citroen 3 cylinder car. I'm not convinced.
Can this be sorted Dacia?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts