UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I noticed it was bloomin chilly riding home on the motorbike last night and this morning I awoke to see Juan had changed colour from black to white!

The first frost has arrived and it looks like it was quite a hard one as well. The grass was solid when I let the chickens out and the house has a chilly air to it so I guess the heating will be on all weekend now because Wifey and the kids are big girls blouses when it gets a bit cooler :lol:

·
Events Committee Member
1,022 Posts
Buy them some big warm jumpers min and tell them the heatings broken ;)

Reactions: eithnew

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now that sounds like a plan..and I sound like a tight arsed git :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Events Committee Member
1,022 Posts
No, just careful with your money, nothing wrong with that :)

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
Buy them some big warm jumpers min and tell them the heatings broken ;)
Many a true word spoken in jest Mac! I am not allowed to have central heating installed in my house and have to make do with various fires or heaters. If I complain about being cold the answer is to wear a vest!! :lol: :lol:

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Indeed I think its a tad warm in here and they are all moaning its cold. Seeing as they were sat in tshirts, leggings and no socks you can imagine my reply :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
up here in the frozen tundra :rolleyes:

there is a saying for when its gone beyond just being averagely cold...

a saying that harkens to just how far north we are, and how bloomin' cold it gets...

a phrase all Scots know means "wrap up warm, put a scarf and gloves on, and a winter coat"...#

the phrase....

"its Baltic out there!! " :D :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
Coming round Manchester yesterday on the M56 I was surprised to find the central reservation filled with white stuff along with an embankment! Surmised that they had had a heavy sleet shower just before I drove past.

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
You wont see the gritters when you need them! Next time will probably be June :lol:
Gritters dont even venture down the hill where I live, the occasionally come down the main(ish) road of which my little cul de sac is off but never ever down here. We have a grit bin but that lasts all of 5 minutes. Hence the need for a 4x4!

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's not a lot of fun or is it?

Im not looking forward to the winter this year on my Motorbike :(

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
That's not a lot of fun or is it?

Im not looking forward to the winter this year on my Motorbike :(
Oh no its a nightmare!! After more or less skidding down the road and into my drive with 2 small children in the back last February, I decided no more!! Time to get a 4x4!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts