UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking over my docs that came with car Tce 90. Cannot see any where where it suggests the first service mileage. How did you guys go about your first service as computer stated after 12000 miles which seems a lot of miles for the first service.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a long time since I had a new car. But my Picasso and rover 45 had to have a first mini service. Oil and filters I guess.

·
Registered
370 Posts
It's a long time since I had a new car. But my Picasso and rover 45 had to have a first mini service. Oil and filters I guess.
Remember they used to do a service once it was run in, no longer required with modern engines.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Well that's a bonus. Cheers guys
In the blue A4 folder that came in your car, you should find a printed service sheet with Maintenance values With Maintenance detail underneath near the top left hand of the page.
on this You will see a dotted chart that gives you the service details for 12 years... It also gives you the spec of all the lubricants etc.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Glen,

This is the service schedule that you should have got with your car, Tell your Dealer you want the one for your car.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hey I didn't get one of those, did get a bit of paper telling the dealer how to print it out, was going to chin them about it then thought leave it till the first service is due.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Hey I didn't get one of those, did get a bit of paper telling the dealer how to print it out, was going to chin them about it then thought leave it till the first service is due.
Dont wait till your 1st service, chin them now, It should come with your car at the handover, It contains information that you should have.

For example in 3 or 4 months time you are checking your levels under the bonnet to find one of them is low and requires topping up, What grade/spec of lubricant do you use.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Service just rip of for customers my first service oil over fill water overfill brakes check tyres depth check rust check never even took wheels of and grease behind wheels as was told at dealers and all for 2hrs work don't think so and road test ??? wat dealor dose everything some can't do the PDI right ??? Had mine back twice for rubber seal top roof door damage seal never even checked door alignment had take back next day for repair they are only fitters not mechanics

·
Registered
370 Posts
You are right Nessi thanks!, I will add it to the top of the list.

1. Service Schedule.

2. Glove box light.

3. Paint missing on rear driver side door.

Not an exhaustive list but enough to keep AC going.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
You are right Nessi thanks!, I will add it to the top of the list.

1. Service Schedule.
2. Glove box light.
3. Paint missing on rear driver side door.

Not an exhaustive list but enough to keep AC going.
Now what was that the TV Advert says... "It's all about you". Well yes because they don't give a dam about the cars they supply.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Service just rip of for customers my first service oil over fill water overfill brakes check tyres depth check rust check never even took wheels of and grease behind wheels as was told at dealers and all for 2hrs work don't think so and road test ??? wat dealor dose everything some can't do the PDI right ??? Had mine back twice for rubber seal top roof door damage seal never even checked door alignment had take back next day for repair they are only fitters not mechanics
One time after a service I took my car back, everything was checked nothing changed, i asked them how do you justify that, they mumbled something about we put it on the computer and agreed to change the oil and spark plugs, the least you should expect for £150. The dealer will get two services out of me for the warranty then its whats required.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
One time after a service I took my car back, everything was checked nothing changed, i asked them how do you justify that, they mumbled something about we put it on the computer and agreed to change the oil and spark plugs, the least you should expect for £150. The dealer will get two services out of me for the warranty then its whats required.
You do not have to get it serviced at the dealer to make any warranty claim.

It can get serviced at any VAT registered garage, As long as they follow the manufacturers service plan, In accordance to the schedule which is fully detailed in the service schedule that should come with the car ( as in the pic in my earlier comment ). The servicing garage uses original parts these do not have to be OEM parts (Dacia Branded) they can be OM parts (same spec as Dacia branded parts)... If Them conditions are met your warranty can not be effected by law.
The first 3 services are basically oil & filter change.. and a cabin filter change, with a few visual checks thrown in

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Hey NeSSI do you have the facility to scan a copy of the service sheet for me
Please.
The service schedule is paired and printed to your individual chassis number, so you are best getting the exact one for your car from the dealer... In the event of a claim you are fully protected if you have followed the schedule for your car... If you follow the one for my car they could say My schedule is incorrect for your car...

But if you want a copy of my one pm me your email address and I will sent you scanned images no prob.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts