UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First snow of the Winter highlighted a major problem. The Logan is my first car with traction control. Yesterday trying to get up a 15% snow covered hill, even with snow tyres, once the driving wheels started to spin the TC cut in and reduced the power to the front wheels and the car came to a halt. With non TC cars in the past, I've just feathered the throttle and rocked the steering from side to side to claw my way to the top.

It appears to me that the TC is reducing the throttle input to stop the wheelspin, which is just preventing me getting up the hill. I gather it can't be switched off, unless anyone knows different? How has anyone got around this? The road is too narrow to try turning around and reversing up (don't laugh, it does work by putting extra loading on the driving wheels).

Any (sensible-ish) suggestions????

·
Registered
279 Posts
You tried with eco mode on? It reduces the power output and therefore might give you more play with the throttle. That's what I'm counting on when or if we finally get snow. I too have a big hill both directions to get out my village so let us know how you get on. ????

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that - something I hadn't thought of. I can see the road from the house and its now clear of snow, but I'll report back next time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Carbone, I'll try that as well!

In the Summer I normally go up the hill in 2nd gear, would you keep it in 2nd when you floor the throttle or change down when it starts to slip?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I think limiter would probably make things worse, I guess it forces engine braking to slow down.
Hope you get it to work for you, I had a similar experience on my Citroen c4 on the mother in laws driveway... I just gave up in the end after getting it stuck between gutter and the edge of her drive :-(

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still working on this! Was talking to someone today who suggested taking the traction control fuse out while it was snowy.

What do you think?

I've loads of off road experience with my series 11 Landrover, which has no driver aids at all, not even syncromesh, so aren't fazed by the lack of ABS/ASR/whatever its called.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts