UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got in the car this afternoon and put the fans on (no air con - Ambiance spec) and they made a horrible loud growling noise as if something is catching in fan motor housing so as we were going in to town anyway we dropped it at the dealer and they had a look whilst we did our bit of shopping..... saved paying for parking ;) ....... they said something has either got in the motor housing or something has come off and is catching..... "No S*** Sherlock......" was my thought

Anyway its booked in for next tuesday and if they need to keep it a day or 2 longer than that I don't mind as it will save me a fortune as we can't go to supermarkets every night and I will take the bike (pedal variety) to work

Any one else had this problem (I mean the noise...... not a wife who can't keep out of supermarkets :rolleyes: )

Anyway I will you all posted on the outcome

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Nope not yet thankfully with Juan Sandero. BUT I have had it with other cars and I just ended up changing the unit over!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My drive is empty, tonight I dropped Bugsy off at the dealer ready for tommorrow on the way home I hope he's not lonely........ You watch it will be howling down tomorrow (tuesday) because IVE GOT to go on my bike......

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just had a phone call from the dealer....

Service Manager: Since you bought it in to us last week has the noise changed at all?

Me: Might have done :unsure: ......

S.M: gone away in fact :ph34r: ?

Me: You know I did wonder if I'd got used to it or it had gone as I don't drive the car much during the week

S.M: Well I heard it when you bought it in and it was a racket but its fine now.....It may have been some debris like a leaf....

Me: Okay give it me back and I will give you a call if it comes back....

To be fair he rang me to check instead of fobbing me off but yes, I had wondered if it had gone and I was beginning to wonder if I had imagined it but he heard it as well....... I did think about asking him to drop the seats and move the parcel shelf so I could get my bike in when I pick it up but thought better of it :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Is the car still ok?

Hmm. Now I don't know if it in my head because I've only recently just noticed another noise myself:

It sounds like the window or door is open.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Is the car still ok?

Hmm. Now I don't know if it in my head because I've only recently just noticed another noise myself:

It sounds like the window or door is open.
It seems to have gone like he said... on the way home from the dealer a small piece of debris flew out the vents.... a bit of leaf etc.

I have seen it mentioned on the forum somewhere that Non aircon Sanderos have a pollen filter housing but no filter is fitted... I might check this out and if so fit a pollen filter....

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers @antavi (hey like the new paging feature) A pollen would cost me literally a couple of quid.... (I work in a Motor Factors I'm not gloating, just saying.....) I will see how easy it is to fit one then.....

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Cheers @antavi (hey like the new paging feature) A pollen would cost me literally a couple of quid.... (I work in a Motor Factors I'm not gloating, just saying.....) I will see how easy it is to fit one then.....
yes cos the housing of the climate unit its the same

problem with the mk1 dacias was that even if u got air con u didnt get an air filter on it but u can put one in

not sure even with mark 2 if u get one from factory if u have air con

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
@min200

near the cluch pedal somewhere down there

dont know exactly

were picture posted by stuart on other threads even tho he has logan mk1

they should know this at dealer service, behind the dash down near clutch pedal where the heat radiator is in front of it so u should be able to see some hoses

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
319 Posts
@min200

near the cluch pedal somewhere down there

dont know exactly

were picture posted by stuart on other threads even tho he has logan mk1

they should know this at dealer service, behind the dash down near clutch pedal where the heat radiator is in front of it so u should be able to see some hoses
@antavi @min200

I reckon they must have them as mine has been in for first service this morning and they couldn't replace the filter as they are on back order with Renault believe it or not

·
Registered
130 Posts
Is the Stepway the same?
If so I would also like a guide of where it is, don't want bits of leaf stuck in the vents. Had that before and its a pain in the arse hearing it buzz away with the only solution to take the bloody dash to bits!

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Is the Stepway the same?
If so I would also like a guide of where it is, don't want bits of leaf stuck in the vents. Had that before and its a pain in the arse hearing it buzz away with the only solution to take the bloody dash to bits!
yes its the same car

search the forum the subject is highly disputed in other older threads

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
@antavi @min200

I reckon they must have them as mine has been in for first service this morning and they couldn't replace the filter as they are on back order with Renault believe it or not
Does anyone have an explanation for why a margue that supposedly uses components common to other "sponsor" marques/models can't provide simple/common consumables (e.g. the filter mentioned above)? Is anyone with a "back-up" renault loitering on their driveway experiencing the same sort of "back-order problems"? :(

[Dougal - I would suggest you keep a documented record of your incomplete service due to "back-order problems". Who knows, might prove handy one day!!!!]

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
@arob.wk

yes i do

air filter its not a component its a replaceable usable part produced by a third party company that makes filters for everyone

so depending on the producer go and ask them ;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had a quick gander under the foot-well of the Stepway.

There is a cover bolted on (which I will remove later), fingers crossed pop this off and pop a filter in. Do not want leaves in my dash!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts