UK Dacia Forum banner

First Warranty Claim

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Tozci 
#1 ·
Hello again, I'm here boring you all with every small detail of Duster ownership.
Well I've had my first warranty issue dealt with smoothly by my dealer.
I had noticed on my long, wet journey on Tuesday that visibility through the windscreen whilst it was raining was poor. The wipers were leaving, not smears but concentric narrow lines as they swept across. These caused particular problems when cars were approaching in the dark with headlamps lit.
I tried thoroughly cleaning the windscreen glass with window cleaner and I wiped the wipers clean with neat screenwash. This did not help. At the dealers they felt that the surfaces of the wiper blades were rather rough and exchanged them for some rather nice flat blade wipers.
So the problem was dealt with quickly and efficiently by the dealer and I inadvertently received an upgrade as well.
So, I'm still delighted with my Duster. But I've just noticed that the cable to the exhaust Oxygen sensor is hanging a bit low under the car ........

#2 ·
It's good to know these things, so we know what issues to keep an eye out for.

Did the wiper upgrade solve the issue?

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Something like this could potentially affect every Duster in the UK. Keep us updated on any future issues

#7 ·
I will have had the car 4 weeks tomorrow and driven over 1700 miles. Apart from the wipers, which were a trivial matter in my opinion, the car is fault-free and very well put together. I don't really see my ownership as beta-testing. The Duster has been in production for 3 years and I suspect many of the components are shipped into India to be assembled. I notice that the tyres are made in Romania.
Diverging somewhat, my daughter has just ordered a Vauxhall Mokka, an SUV a bit smaller than the Duster but costing twice as much even after discounts. I've been reading the brochures and handbook and the unnecessary electronics added to this vehicle are unbelievable. Cameras that read road signs, 4 or 5 different types of headlight beam, a warning on the dash telling you to brake before you hit something (doesn't put the brakes on for you though!). So much to pay for that's not needed, so much to go wrong.
Omitting this sort of equipment explains how Dacia can produce reliable, quality cars at a very low cost. Dusters are not shoddily- constructed junk like Dacias, Ladas and other Eastern bloc cars of the past.

#9 ·
I have just had the same problem as you, Chris.

The lines on the driver's side and on the rear window.

Checked on the warranty and the wipers are covered up to 2,000 miles or 2 months, so I will be going back to the dealer.

I hold absolutely no hope, however, of getting them replaced. The sales manager at by dealership demonstrated complete indifference to another issue I had with my car.

I will have to see.

#12 ·
I dont understand why they dont make the wipers a bit longer, there is quite a gap at the top of the screen.
I too have noticed this, and was considering buying longer ones, but after closer inspection I realised that they would clash in the middle. (there is a very small gap in the rest position)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.