UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound very 'old school' but has anyone fitted a cd player in their Stepway? I only have usb and I love my cd's so want to be able to play them not record onto a 'stick'. I know you all think I am stepping back in time but I am not a lover of usb's etc and I don't have an iphone. I am in this century honestly and am very computer literate, but like my vast cd collection. Help appreciated.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
This may sound very 'old school' but has anyone fitted a cd player in their Stepway? I only have usb and I love my cd's so want to be able to play them not record onto a 'stick'. I know you all think I am stepping back in time but I am not a lover of usb's etc and I don't have an iphone. I am in this century honestly and am very computer literate, but like my vast cd collection. Help appreciated.
sounds like me That :-D

·
Premium Member
4,022 Posts
A belated welcome to the forum Hils !!

Move into the 21st century, I had to !!

I've got a 32GB mini USB stick and have got literally hundreds of CDs on it via WMP on my desk top and they don't 'litter' the car !!

I don't posses an iphone either !! ;)

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
That's what I considered doing also, Whilst I was thinking about it I put a few albums onto a 2gb stick, then realised how much better it is to have your music on a stick rather than fumble around with disc's especially when driving.

I bought a 32gb high speed mini stick and it fits tons and tons of albums on it. Its very small and discreet and hardly noticeable so you can leave it permanently plugged into your medianav.
Its a piece of cake to load your music from discs to the usb stick via computer.

Here is a high spec USB3 mini stick at a great price... ( its the one I have, works perfect with medianav ).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231305928789?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

·
Registered
370 Posts
This might sound silly but have you considered a USB CD player, I have a CD player in the car but it won't be played very often, CD is too easily damaged. Stick hundreds of albums on a USB pen drive and your music is sorted. I have a smart phone that can connect to the stereo by Bluetooth but what is the point. USB is a Simple elegant solution .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts